V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the teardown Sunday night to install CHROME. Hit bottom last night. Friday I head to Hayward to exchange parts. With any luck, it will be all back together by the end of next week. It's scary right now... my wife says she'll never get on it again.

Here's what is going on:
Lower fork legs
Headlight tins
Chrome handlebar controls
Chrome grips
Rear pulley
Rear axle covers
Wild1 513 bars
Magnum Sterling Chromite cables and brake lines

While it's down, I'll do the 15K mile service. Wish me luck...

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
WOW, you are brave... for only having one strap holding your bike onto the jack... Good luck...

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
petrock said:
WOW, you are brave... for only having one strap holding your bike onto the jack... Good luck...
There's another on the other side.:thumbsup:

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Milehog said:
Carefully check out all the chrome before you accept it.
Got it yesterday. It looked good to me. Have you had any experience with High Lustre? I got the lowers, tins, controls, and a pulley for $600. The price was right and they claim to back up their stuff. I searched them here before I bought and didn't see much. Hope I didn't get took.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to the advice and comfort from my friends at VTF, the cosmetic surgery has been completed. The patient is resting well and a full recovery is expected. I have to take the bars back off today to add a few inches of wire, but I expect to be riding this afternoon!!

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Fourstar, yes, I have had experience with High Lustre, Thats why I suggested you check the product carefully...
If the stuff looks OK then you should be in good shape.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Milehog said:
Fourstar, yes, I have had experience with High Lustre, Thats why I suggested you check the product carefully...
If the stuff looks OK then you should be in good shape.
Thanks. I ran across your post regarding the problem you had with them after I replied earlier. Everything looks good and went on just fine. If it stays on after I wash it, I'll let my breath out! :D

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All dressed up and no place to go...

Ran her for 30 miles just to see if anything would fall off. So far, so good!

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Hey Fourstar that looks nice. If your looking for someplace to go on the bike you can always ride up and check out the NL west leading San Francisco Giants.:bleh:

Joe

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, but I'm headed south to see if I can escape the rain! Hey! I was up at Balco Park last week and I see they're trying to call it ATT now!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Yeah, next month it'll be Verizon or Cingular park. Gotta love the whoring out to corporate interest that makes up sports now. BUT, it's still the GIANTS playing there and no matter whether he's roided up or not Bonds is fun to watch when he's hitting.

Joe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts