V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'll go ahead and have this thing installed on my 02 883 Custom. I talked with the dealer and it won't void the warranty and they feel the idea is a solid one. They are curious if it works as well because then they can sell a bunch of them. They may be willing to cut me a deal on installation too. We'll see about that part of the deal. I figure it's worth a try anyway. It doesn't look like it will hurt anything. I'll be sure to post the results.

later,
KrustyTC

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
On the EVO rocker box's when you have them off a simple letter size drill bit in the vent hole to enlarge it slighty fix's this problem. Most shops do this if they are fixing a rocker box leak or are int he motor for what ever reason. HD has had a TSB on this for many years. We h ave done it on new sportys that are puking oil out.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
On the EVO rocker box's when you have them off a simple letter size drill bit in the vent hole to enlarge it slighty fix's this problem. Most shops do this if they are fixing a rocker box leak or are int he motor for what ever reason. HD has had a TSB on this for many years. We h ave done it on new sportys that are puking oil out.
Thanks wrench. Im gonna try this on my bagger this year. I know sooner or later I'll have the rocker covers off anyway. Any suggestion on what size drill or how much bigger to enlarge hole?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Each box may be a slightly different size. you match the drill to each box you are also cleaing out the flashing in the hole as the box's are cast. I try not to make it to large just enough to allow the oil to drain through nicely. It is one of those CYOA items when you are in there repairing somthing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts