V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago someone posted a note that Stone Mountain HD in Atlanta was selling at msrp. I heard a radio commercial today confirming that fact.

Now, for a lot of you people that doesn't mean anything but in the Atlanta market that news is HUGE.

Now the question is, when will the other stealers follow suit?

How will this affect the used bike market?

Coincidentally, I just sold my 02 SERK just two days ago. I got a good price on it. So, I don't have to think about getting raped on a trade.

Hmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Considering that your 02 SERK was 1 year old, did you adjust the price downward from MSRP to reflect that when you sold it????:D

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I sold it for a fraction under msrp.

However, I called the dealer and found they are only selling the 03's they have on the floor for msrp. Not any coming in. Must be an end of year tax move.

·
Registered
366 Posts
There are several dealers across the country selling for MSRP and even fewer selling for below. My stealership is selling for 300-500$ over MSRP which is great for my area considering the last several years they were getting 1500-3000$ over MSRP

·
Registered
458 Posts
The stealer down here has new bikes on the floor that arn't even sold. They have always has sold tags on them before. Been hearing a lot have turned down their new bikes when thay came in.
They dont like the fact there is no good colors, there all the same two colors. Their going to keep what they have till next year and try again.
I even heard hes selling under MSRP just to move them.
Bus still not getting any takers yet.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lifes good! I just bought 03 2 tone Duece from Las Vegas HD for MSRP with a Xmas certficate of $1000. Unheard of in Las Vegas since I've been here 1995
Iraq , war and the real crooks on Wall Street are all taking their toll on the economy

I've been waiting for this dealer, patience paid of in "DUECES"

·
Banned
999 Posts
dealer by me (ocala h.d.) sells at msrp. it isn't the moco's msrp, just whatever msrp the dealer feels like typing on an "invoice". most of his msrp's are in the low twenties. needless to say the guy has a bunch of bikes for sale.

Caveat Emptor!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
dealer near me (east coast HD) has seven fatboys, a hand full of sportys and several vrods sitting on the floor.

wyo

·
Registered
238 Posts
Since I started buying new Ultras in '96 I have always paid MSRP from the local dealer for a new bike and only paid around $1500 to trade up to a new one after two years of riding. The '98 was a little higher for the 95th paint scheme, and the '03 was also a little higher cause I did a 3 year trade up, but on the average it comes to around $1500 per for a two year trade up. It maybe helps that I've done business with them for nearly 25 years. This local dealer had a 2 year waiting list that I think has disappeared though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I checked with the Las Vegas dealer today and they did have a 1000.00 in house credit with the purchase of a new bike, but this ended Dec 24th.. He did say that MSRP was only for their local HOG members. Everyone else gets MSRP +$$ Markup + 650.00 set up + 250.00 delivery + plus tax and a doc fee.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The DFW area is still getting ripped off and gouged. They are 1500 to 3000 over. One man owns and runs 4 dealerships there. I don't buy nothing from them unless it is neccesary. I order over the phone and it comes in the mail. Someday soon it will catch them in the ass.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Went to my local dealer today, they had a two tone '03 Ultra that was decked out with just about every chrome doo-dad made for it. I looked at the tag and the price was 35,000. something.:eek:

It had a sold tag on it, the owners son said the guy was going to pick it up after the 1st........absolutely amazing:confused:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The dealers that have taxed new buyers wount give a fluck when they only get msrp. They allready made there millions...

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
highrider said:
Lifes good! I just bought 03 2 tone Duece from Las Vegas HD for MSRP with a Xmas certficate of $1000. Unheard of in Las Vegas since I've been here 1995
Iraq , war and the real crooks on Wall Street are all taking their toll on the economy

I've been waiting for this dealer, patience paid of in "DUECES"
Nice to see you posting again, highrider. I'm glad you rejoined us.

Congrats on the new Duece! Adding this one to the stable, how many bikes you got now? Guess you can never have too many bikes.

Look forward to the pics.....

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
fire said:
I checked with the Las Vegas dealer today and they did have a 1000.00 in house credit with the purchase of a new bike, but this ended Dec 24th.. He did say that MSRP was only for their local HOG members. Everyone else gets MSRP +$$ Markup + 650.00 set up + 250.00 delivery + plus tax and a doc fee.
Too bad about the timing. Highrider lucked out.

HOG membership can have advantages. Occasionally, a dealer will even give you an even break with only national HOG membership. Rare, but it does happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there milesofsmiles I posted that info about msrp on bikerheaven.
Earl smalls is still trying to get 2k over. He will come down before this is over. He offered me 14300 for my 01 roadking and wanted 20000 for his o3 roadglide. NOt good enough yet.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey Fire, sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I did luck out with the XMAS bonus, plus I waived a 10K deposit in their face and talked turkey, right now lets deal, cash on the table (home equity loans make dealing alot better cause you don't need to bargain for credit with the rascals)

Experience has taught me that cash talks and credit walks. Do your homework and be patient, Las Vegas is dealing, but their sales guys are on COMMISSION so you need to find a hungry one.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I bought a used '01 sportster with 1000 miles on it last year for $8200 CDN - then traded it in half way through the season for $500 more than I paid on an '03 soft tail classic, s/b, fuel injected with alarm, which I bought at msrp.
Our dealers in Toronto don't play the markup game- they deal on volume, and rarely have any excess inventory - when they do they offer retail incentives on merchandise to move them out at the end of the season.
I wanted to get a RKC 2-tone this year, but they have been sold out on all 2 tone cruisers for the last year and a half.
As an aside, whether they go up or down, I don't really view it as a "bursting bubble" - I buy to ride - if I manage to stay even or close to it on trades, that's a lot better than anybody will ever do on a car (just a bit of perspective - I bought a bmw M5 for $95,000 and sold it 5 years later for $25,000 - buy your toys to enjoy them guys - it's a short life)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts