V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

After years of using the same methods with great results, as well as offering some advice based only on my own experience I might add, I bought some of the BOM.

I purchased it as a spritz spray (my wax removal technique of choice).

I was surprised when I read the instructions for normal use, despite the fact that my use intentions are different, and the product claims you use it on a dirty or very dusty bike without ever washing first.....And it will not scratch. Not even dark color bikes!! Huh, I doubt that and I am not about to try out that method any time soon! Anybody else tried it on a dirty dry bike??

Ouch, Results couldn't have been good!

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still no response from anybody with a black bike using it instead of washing dirt off first! :hmmm: Just can't be good I say again!:nope:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I bought some of this stuff before Xmas (black 05 FLHTI). Mainly I bought it because I wanted to try the Bom's away for my silver pieces, and they had a special package deal. First time I tried it, was after I had washed my bike down (it was pretty dirty). Since then thought I've used it several times on my bike without washing it down. I haven' seen any new scratches as a result, and it's gotten pretty dusty at times, not to mention the bug splatters.

I definately like it because it's easy to use. I can get my entire bike sparkling in about 15 minutes. The only time I can see any scratches (those really fine ones), are under flourescent lights. (If I washed the old way it would take at least an hour of washing, drying, polishing.)

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cryptoboy said:
I bought some of this stuff before Xmas (black 05 FLHTI). Mainly I bought it because I wanted to try the Bom's away for my silver pieces, and they had a special package deal. First time I tried it, was after I had washed my bike down (it was pretty dirty). Since then thought I've used it several times on my bike without washing it down. I haven' seen any new scratches as a result, and it's gotten pretty dusty at times, not to mention the bug splatters.

I definately like it because it's easy to use. I can get my entire bike sparkling in about 15 minutes. The only time I can see any scratches (those really fine ones), are under flourescent lights. (If I washed the old way it would take at least an hour of washing, drying, polishing.)

Interesting! So those really fine scratches were already there? My bike gets dusty in my garage despite being covered and it is a bit of a pisser. Washed waxed and put away, and when uncovered to go for a ride, it's dusty. I would still be concerned! My bike has no fine scratching and I don't want any!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
rickr01 said:
Interesting! So those really fine scratches were already there? My bike gets dusty in my garage despite being covered and it is a bit of a pisser. Washed waxed and put away, and when uncovered to go for a ride, it's dusty. I would still be concerned! My bike has no fine scratching and I don't want any!
Yes, they were there from my previous washings (most likely my wonderful drying skills). I paid close attention, especially to the fairing in regards to the scratches, and they actually are less visible after using the Bom. The only thing that came/comes close to making them less visible is Meguiar's scratch remover and a good waxing (which I have as well).

If your bike doesn't have ANY scratching, you aren't riding enough! :265:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts