V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys

I just found out about this forum, glad to be here. I recently have become a member of a few forums to get to know good people from around the country an have them get to know my work. Some of you may know me from another forum but for those of you who dont I hope you enjoy my bike. I just unveiled my custom " THE BLACK ROSE" at the Boot Hill Saloon during biketoberfest. Iv'e taken the liberty to post my web page link in the hopes that you take a look at her and offer comments.I'm a garage builder out of Miami and basically want to get the word out that I exist.

Please notice that all the leather pieces on the bike besides the seat ARE NOT LEATHER but aluminum sculpted to look like leather. Also that most all of the custom pieces on the bike were designed, either machined or fabricated by me including the seat.

http://www.ortamotorcycles.com

GO TO THE GALLERY TO VIEW THE BIKE, ENJOY

Thank You
ORTA

ORTA, if you would like to advertize on the VTF, please contact David Price ([email protected]) about becoming a sponsor - wyo

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Nice first post.
Awesome work on the Black Rose, but really not too cool to post spam link to your site as your first post.
See all those ads to the left:
<---------------------
They support this site.
Peace, and again, great work, but bad manners.
Party On Indeed!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black Rose

Thank you for the heads up I appreciate the way you put it. I had no intention in disrespecting anyone, especially those who support this forum. Unfortunately I'm still a garage builder hoping to get some comments for my work. Please don't let the great way my web page looks I'm just very lucky to have a great friend in the business that has helped me out tremendously. Hopefully one day I will be able to pay back the opportunity to post here. Again my appologies.

ORTA

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I'm not into the Goth scene but that bike is a true work of art. There's a lot of ingenius pieces. Great job.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Thanks for the follow up Orta.

Looks like the mods have replaced the link to your build.

I must tell you that the Black Rose is incredible work!!!!
Comming from someone who works with customs and spend a lot of time in the shop letting my mind wander, I must say that you are a true artist.
I absolutely LOVE the victorian era approach to the mechanicals.
I am into the gothic art approach and you really captured it as I know it and went in more directions than my eye could see to begin with. The metal sculpturing is beyond anything I have ever seen.

Get that bike to shows sir, and it will be recognized!!!!!!!
Kudos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dynatherapy

I appreciate your comments to no end. When I began the build I wanted to create something different, which you know is almost impossible with everything thats coming out. I not only wanted to try to raise the bar but go more in the direction of art. I realized that the line between what has been done until now and art is very thin due to the fact that if not done right could look extremely tacky. At the moment I'm trying to get the most exposure that I can but due to the fact that I have a full time job it's very very difficult. You see it's just me doing all the fabrication and at the last minute I call in my mechanic to help me with the final build. Right now the only thing I could think of was the net and to some extent it has worked. I've had a lot of people praising my work and hopefully spreading the news by word of mouth. Next week I'll start on my next bike, it will be a low budget project but I'll try my best to keep the level up. Thanks again and if you don't mind help me spread the word.

Carlos

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
ORTA that bike is both unique and a beautiful work of art. Most of the bike I have seen don't posses both. Very well done. How long did it take you to build.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts