V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I could only pick one bike

it would have to be a softail (Titan Roadrunner - overpriced Fat Boy). I also have a Road King with a S&S 113 that will blow away most stockers while riding two up. With the amount of stuff that I pack, I needed more than the soft bags would hold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is the Fatboy the most sold HD or the most sold Softail? People swoon over the look of my 02 Fatty! Its truly amazing to see the emotion from people who dont know anything about HD or motorcycles in general, but love the look of this bike.

M

·
0 Posts
heritage

Any thoughts on this ride? I am thinking of indulging and buying one soon. I am torn between this and the Road King Classic. Don't expect to do much long distance or two up riding, so I am leaning towards the Heritage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a Fat Boy back in March and it is scheduled to arrive next month. I haven't been this anxious about the approach of Christmas since I was about ten years old.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Hook:

Send me some pics of your new bike. I'd like to see it. I'm excited for ya.

Roadhwg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh yeah Hook:

I just put the Chubby's RKII Handlebars on my Scoot this weekend. It's hard to get use to, but it looks great. I'll update my pics later and show everyone.

Roadhwg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Had Both

Love the RK and the Heritage, still to me the Softail is the one with the Killer looks. As to ride the RK can't be beat on the long run, but the new TC88B is very smooth.

The Heritage is the better buy over the Fatboy because you get the bags, and detachable windshield with the purchase.

You can always add custom wheels or Fatboy wheels if you like the solid disk look.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On a first bike . .

you will look at which is the better buy with whatever options are available. After you have added the thousands of dollars of chrome and billet accessories, plus custom paint, it doesn't seem to matter what you started with as it comes down to suspension type (hardtail, softail, or conventional shocks, for even more money there is the rubbertail and the legend air suspension), engine, and bodywork.

On your second or third bike (I'm still single), you will pick out what you liked (or disliked) on your previous ride and have a different viewpoint on what is the "best" bike. You could also have a bar hopper, a touring (commuter) bike, and a dirt bike like I do. One could debate this all day but I like all my rides and would rather be riding than justifying to someone else why I chose my particular ride.

It is hard to admit that maybe the bike that you are only halfway through the payment schedule is not what you wanted or that your riding style has changed. I love to ride and try not to talk down anyones ride but it is hard to keep quiet when you see some of the eyesore add-ons that the aftermarket sells to the newbie riders for their all-in-one bike. Reminds me of the Pontiac Aztek - It's a family van/SUV/rolling tent/sport sedan?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only problem I've found with my Fatboy is, everybody has one. I figured as few of them that were to be had they would be far and few between but nooo every where I look Fatboy here, Fatboy there, Fatboy every friggin where. Sell your Fatboys now so I don't have to buy a Roadking.

M

·
0 Posts
too many fat boys

If everyone traded in their Fat Boys for Road Kings, then I would have to complain that there are too many Road Kings. Heck, you can NEVER have to many Road Kings.

I love the look of the Fat Boy and the Heritage Softale, but own a Road King since I do some fairly serious longer trips (sometimes two up). I can pop of my bags and windshield (both quick release) and pass as a bar hopper if I want to.

I wish I could own a couple bikes, but the one I have cost waaaaay to much to buy a second one (at least for now).

:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Deuce Boy, have you had any problems with your Deuce? I have one on order, should be here this coming Feb. Got my 2001 Indian Scout up for sale. It spent half of last riding season in the shop for various problems, all fixed now,, or so I'm told. I l managed to put 4,300 miles on it on those rare occasions it was running.

Nueboch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Softail Custom.????

I noticed that the Softail Custom was not included in your list of Softails.
Is it because it's discontinued??
(Just bustin your chops)
I really enjoy my 1990 FXSTC
Vato
:p

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
That is one fine looking bike. Very well done! I don't understand why they don't make the custom anymore. I guess maybe they replaced it with the Deuce. The Softail custom was always my favorite bike. You have a lot of nice stuff on your's. I like the chubby bars and the wheels are cool. It's got the "look"

Welcome to the forum.:D

Later,
FifthGear

·
Registered
85 Posts
Que paso Vato:

Nice bike....I like your softail ...Cool paint scheme and looks.

Roadhwg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts