V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to gage this crowd on their feelings about Iran. It is clear they think we are weak, and to some extent we have been ( Do to our PC society). There has been talk, that we need to address this issue and sooner than later.

Should we bomb Iran effectively, the idea is hit up to 1200 targets in 3 days rather than do the little pin point bombing we have been doing , The Iranians are going to be somewhat angry either way.

Iran has only 1 refinery, should we destroy it.

Also Saudi Arabia wants 22 Billion in super Tech weapons from us, should we sell it to them??

Also since Russia is starting to fly their "Bear Bombers" on patrol again, trying to show their tough, what should the US do if they begin to fly off our coasts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I think that we should just finish the jobs at hand that we have going on. I am sure that they are interfering in Iraq but if we go and start bombing them that is just gonna stretch our forces thinner.

Once Iraq and Afganistan are able to take care of themselves I still don't think we should do anything until they strike first. Yes they may have Nukes but for some in this country and abroad we are looked at as starting wars (even though we have never gotten anything, land, OIL ect from them). I say let them attack us but when we go after them we don't go in to help them rebuild afterwards but wipe the aera clear!

·
Bending Wrenches since 73
156 Posts
President Bush has 15 months left in office. It's bound to be interesting.
The United States hasn't won a war since 1945.
I suspect, President Bush has no intention of having lost a war attributed to his legacy.
It seems to me, the United States is justified, to commence all out war, in retaliation to 911. Those militant, Saudi bastards did the unthinkable.
The opposition is spread far and wide, global, in fact.

My concern is, that perhaps the mass of the population of the United States is not supportive of all out war on any scale. Let those who don't support the Freedom and privilege of American lifestyle (go to hell) reap the benefits of those who do, by fighting and dieing for those beliefs.

Personally, I hope President Bush escalates the effort to the most extreme tactics our capable, technically advanced military can muster. The sooner the better.

I hope we take and occupy the middle east.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Well in my opinion, this is not just a US problem, its a world wide problem. All of the good nations need to stick together and protect ourselves from the people that want to hurt us.

So that being said we need to be on the offence and working together take out the problem before they strike us!!!

We all know that once Iran has the bomb they will be giving it to the terriosts and its only a matter of time before we have a major problem here in the US.

They already started the war by striking us and now we and all the other nations need to work together to irradicate pests.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
hey, O'Rork...

"I hope we take and occupy the middle east."

could you be a little more specific? just exactly how would we "take" it? just exactly how would we "occupy" it? we seem to be having a bit of a go with one country and you think we should take on the other 12? I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just curious as to your grand plan.

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
Well I think the U.S. is at war with any country that is directly killing our troops or directly supporting such activity. From what I heard Iran qualifies.

I've felt for a long time the U.S. does not make being at war with us as nearly as painful as it should be. If Iran has genuinely been sending troops and weapons to Iraq then any time we capture and can demonstrate this is true we should show it to the internation community and then destroy one military target in Iran. I don't think Iran wants a real war with the U.S. They just want to be as close to the line as possible.

And we should be working quietly but as quickly as possible to disentangle ourselves from Saudi Arabia. I haven't seen any evidence that their government had anything to do with 9/11. But they are certainly a royal pain. I certainly wouldn't sell them any military equipment more advanced than a yo-yo. Ok, maybe a Mark II yo-yo with electronic sound effects at the most.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Iran is a non-entity, and no real threat to anyone but thier immediate neighbors. The more we engage them the more puffed up they become. Ignore them, isolate them, and they will collapse in upon themselves... They're already on the verge of economic collapse, they just need a little push...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Shaw_2112 said:
Iran is a non-entity, and no real threat to anyone but thier immediate neighbors. The more we engage them the more puffed up they become. Ignore them, isolate them, and they will collapse in upon themselves... They're already on the verge of economic collapse, they just need a little push...
Yeah, like a couple of 2000 pounders smack on their nuke facilities.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
It doesn't matter a bit what we say we want on this forum or anyplace else. Until we get people in office (both republican and democrat) that will start making decisions based up what is right for this country rather than their hatred for the other party, we are going to continue to spin in the wind and nothing will change. We can't effectively fight the war in Iraq, Terrorisim, Illegal Immigration, etc. because even if someone comes up with a good solution, the other party will be against is because they absolutely refuse to agree on anything. Rant over.:badmood:

·
Registered
432 Posts
We never should have gone to Iraq in the first place, we should have finished the job in Afgan. We had the world with us there to get Osama. No credible evidence that Iraq had nukes or was helping Osama or was even a threat to us. If fact after the first Iraqi war it was obvious they were no threat. Now we are in a no way out mess with an army that is stretched too thin and a president that keeps lying to the soldiers about deployment time and us about how well it is going over there. The rest of the world sees us as week because we can't win in Iraq and are bailing out of Iraq. Stay out of Iran until we finish in Afgan and Iraq, unless they start coming into Iraq then bomb them at the border they are no match.

·
Bending Wrenches since 73
156 Posts
Hey Fred,
just like the Spanish American war
we got the phillipines, gaum and puerto rico if I remember correctly.
Basically one power or a group of united powers have to kick the sh!t out of the opposistion untill the the opposistion sues for peace at any price.

Also, kinda like what happened to Japan in 1945......

Any more questions....?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Lets not forget something here!! Our miltary new Osama was a problem long ago after we helped him fight off the russians from trying to taking over Afganistan.

But we sat on our butts and allowed him to make several attacks and build up his army of diliquents terrorists around the world. Then he attackes the world trade center, the pentagon and tried to get the white house too. They started this war not the UNITED STATES

So if we sit back and try to finish what is already started all that does is give more time to Iran to continue forward till they have nukes which you know they will give to terrorists as they support them. Then we will have a much bigger attack on us.

So kill them all and let Allah sort it out.

·
Seasoned Wrench
509 Posts
Why in the world do we think we can instill peace in the middle east? There has never been peace in the middle east. Hell, there wasn't peace in the middle east even when Jesus was walking the earth.

Call me me a barbarian, but, I think we should give IRAQ two weeks notice to get the hell out of dodge and then we flatten the place. The place would be un-inhabiitable for years. I think this would set the presisdent. I bet Iran would tuck its tail and run and just shake like a beaten dog in the corner. Perhaps years later we take over and re-build the country and call it Euro-Ameriica (keep the land). I am sick and tired of the US destroying countries and then spending billions of dollars to repair them and give it back. Hell, we have so many freaking problems over here in our own country that we need to take care of business here first. Think about what we could do for the infrastructure here in the US with the money we are spending and handing out to other countries.

And by the way, its a little off topic, but, I also think we should close our borders, yep, tell them sorry, we are full, no vacancy, no more immigrants allowed.

Please send all presidential contributions to my paypal account. ^rolleyez^

peace--

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
Iran: flatten it, pave it, give it to Israel so they can use it as a parking lot... :whistle:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I'd like to see us taxpayers get some return on the billions of dollars of thermonuclear weapons we have stockpiled that are just deteriorating. I think its time to shake things up a bit. {salute(

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
Perhaps, assasination of the midget.

Shaw's point is o. k.

If saudia arabia wants weapons, we have to get a VERY good price on fuel, not anywhere what we pay now.

Oh yea, have em pay extra for the weapons, and rebates on our recent high price of fuel.

Ruskies, buzz their planes and test electronic gizzzmos to screw with theirs!
How bout Putin pulling the strings now??

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Shaw_2112 said:

I have a few Persian (Iranian but not really) that feel the same way. The old guard in Iran is breeding themselves out of existence. More and more the younger generation there is opposing the current govt. If we ignore them and leave them alone they'll implode. You can tell this by the way they pick on Israel. After ignoring them for a while they get all bent and start picking on the only country they can afford to. My persian friends say that when they get bored they do this because no one is paying attention to them. They won't be a nuclear presence for a while and it may never happen.

On that note, drive a small yield nuke into the centrifuge compound and set it off. Then sit back and say "I tried to tell you guys not to mess with nuclear technology. You must not have the resources to do it right. Best leave it alone." No one would know where it came from and the problem would be taken care of.

·
Milemarker 0
1,061 Posts
fxdxtsport said:
It doesn't matter a bit what we say we want on this forum or anyplace else. Until we get people in office (both republican and democrat) that will start making decisions based up what is right for this country rather than their hatred for the other party, we are going to continue to spin in the wind and nothing will change. We can't effectively fight the war in Iraq, Terrorisim, Illegal Immigration, etc. because even if someone comes up with a good solution, the other party will be against is because they absolutely refuse to agree on anything. Rant over.:badmood:
@gree: Well said!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts