V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2004 Dyna International version, wich comes with a non disconnectable alarm and a siren.

From some days ago, when the alarm is activated only the lights work and the siren not sounds.

Somebody knows why the siren may stop working? Maybe it is failing?

On the service manual book i cannot find the answer.

Thanks in advance,

Pepe
DYNA FXDXI 2k4

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all.
I will dismount the siren and test the battery.

Pepe
Dyna FXDXI

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Certainly try replacing the 9v internal siren battery, however I do not suspect that is the problem. I believe the only function of the 9V siren battery is to supply voltage to the siren if the bikes battery is disconnected. That way if someone attempts to move an armed bike and also disconnects its 12v battery, the siren will still go off.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
road_king said:
Certainly try replacing the 9v internal siren battery, however I do not suspect that is the problem. I believe the only function of the 9V siren battery is to supply voltage to the siren if the bikes battery is disconnected. That way if someone attempts to move an armed bike and also disconnects its 12v battery, the siren will still go off.
Maybe it doesn't work when the battery is dead so you know to change it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
vafatboy said:
Maybe it doesn't work when the battery is dead so you know to change it.
Possibly, however the 9V siren battery should last 2 to 6 yrs under normal conditions. It is rechargeable and receives 12v from the bikes battery to keep its charge.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've found the answer.

The security system pager is fried, it is incorporated as option when i buy the bike, and installed by the dealer.

The box is burned from the inside!! a serius risk!

I've dismounted it and the alarm is working. the box is connected using a "T" wire, i've only disconnected the transmitter and left the wire, after protecting the free connector. on my bike the alarm is on the fuse box and is very difficult to dismount and remove the T wire..

Thanks to all
Pepe
DYNA FXDXI

·
Banned
48 Posts
jellopis said:
Hi,

I have a 2004 Dyna International version, wich comes with a non disconnectable alarm and a siren.

From some days ago, when the alarm is activated only the lights work and the siren not sounds.

Somebody knows why the siren may stop working? Maybe it is failing?

On the service manual book i cannot find the answer.

Thanks in advance,

Pepe
DYNA FXDXI 2k4
When you were setting the alarm before this happened did the alarm chirp 3 times? 3 chirps tells you that the battery is dead or that it has been trying to charge the alarm battery off of the bike battery for more than 24 hrs.

If there is absolutely no sound whatsoever from the alarm, I would suspect the alarm unit itself has an issue. These systems are very good, and typically only have battery issues with the occasional dead alarm module (not TSSM).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts