V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey: Would you all happen to have any additional pictures of your Kings? I'm gonna be changing out my 14" apes for something more along the lines of the bars that you both have. Love the way they give the King a "Power Cruiser" type of look.

What are the differences between the KnuckleBars on your bike (FastEddie) and the 504's on yours?(T.O.B)

Your back doesnt start to ache after awhile? My back ached a little with the stock bars, and its actually a little worse with the Apes, (lower back). I had a drag bar on my old Intruder and I really liked the ergonomics but never really took it out for long distances. My mountain bike puts me in a forward position reminicent of a drag bar on a motorcycle and that doesnt seem to bother me at all, so........

Any info, pic's, or advice from you all or anyone else that might have these style bars on a King would be much appreciated.
Thansk.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I'll see if I can dig up some pictures. I haven't taken too many since I changed out the bars. I'll be taking a ton next week when I get my tins back from custom paint.

I rode from Atlanta to Sturgis to Atlanta without any issues. But I do have long arms. I'm 6' tall and wear 36 sleeves on dress shirts. I also have a rider back rest that I use for long trips. But I've never had a sore back from riding with the 504 bars.

The stock '00 and up Road King bars are:
31.5"Wide, 12.5" Centered, 6.25" High, 9" Pullback

The Wild 1 504 bars are:
34.5"Wide, 10" Centered, 4.5" High, 12.5" Pullback

The Wild 1 503 Knuckle bars are:
36.5"Wide, 10" Centered, 2" High, 8.5" Pullback

Here's a link to the Wild 1 site with Road King pictures:
http://www.wild1inc.com/wo504a.html

I sold my 518s on ebay for $125 and bought the 504s on ebay for $80 switched them out. Keep an eye out, you might find a good deal. I came out pretty well on the deal.

View attachment 29940 View attachment 29941

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and info. Hopefully you'll get some pic's. How bout taking some pic's with you or someone on it so the riding position can be seen? (i'm pushing it, eh?)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
No problem. I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store next weekend. Providing the weather holds out, I'll be taking a ton of pictures.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bad Twin:

The Knuckle Bars put you forward more as they do not have the pullback that other bars do, only around 8-9". I am 6' with 34" sleeve and have no back problems with them. The longest ride I have done with them is about 300 miles and had no discomfort. However, I think I am more tolerant than some on this. I switched from the Beach Bars which had almost twice the pullback because I have a Fatboy with Drag Bars and feel more comfortable switching back and forth between the bikes now because the Knuckle Bars put you forward like the Drag Bars; just not as far forward. I have a lot of photos on the Harley Zone. Go to www.harleyzone.tenmagazines.com and click on my gallery "Fast Eddie" to see them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts