V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along a couple of thanks. A few weeks ago, there was a post about the front tires on '09 touring models. With the information I had, I went to the local dealer, they checked my tire, it was one of those affected, and I got a brand new tire. To date, I still have never received ANY notice from the MoCo about the tire issue.
Two weeks ago, there was a post about an actual recall of the rear brake light switch. Again, I took it in to my dealer, they said "yep", and replaced the switch. Still nothing about the recall from the MoCo. I learn more about what's going on with my bike here than I do HD themselves. Keep passing along information!

·
Banned
589 Posts
Was at the dealer yesterday, talked to parts and the front desk guy in service. Both know what I'm riding. No mention of the brake light recall. I need to pick up the new switch -- I expect it's pretty much a "plug & play" fix -- most electrical is accessible.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They showed me the part that needed to be replaced. It's actually a threaded metal piece with additional insulation than the original so the heat from the exhaust pipe wouldn't do any damage. They also said they had to disconnect the brake fluid line and then bleed air out of the line when they were done.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
They showed me the part that needed to be replaced. It's actually a threaded metal piece with additional insulation than the original so the heat from the exhaust pipe wouldn't do any damage. They also said they had to disconnect the brake fluid line and then bleed air out of the line when they were done.

I had my rear switch replaced over a year ago and after they replaced it I took it home and had to bring it back as pedal was spongy, my guess they didn't bleed the first time. This forum is very good, like you said, You can learn alot...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts