V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a big thank you for what i have learned here on this forum. after reading peoples input and responses on advice about engine builds, etc. etc. etc.
i made up my mind what i wanted and went on somewhat of a limb. my 07 rg was pretty much stock, sluggish pulling a trailer and did get hot under loads.
started collecting parts. got weisco pistons and andrews 37 cams along with gaskets from scott at hillside. bought the evolution 30 tooth sprocket. had my cylinders bored (103 in) and heads ported here locally. got a fat cat with quiet baffle and a pc3 and running a k&n a/c system, im running approx 10.3 compression altogether with parts mentioned. i now have a new bike that is fun to ride and pulls my camper with ease, no pinging, no hot start issues, just put 1300 miles on a new build with no problems whatsoever on a trip i had planned and got my bike back 1 day before leaving. nervous to say the least but ended up a great ride. yalls reports are spot on. 6th gear is so much more usuable and yeah the se clutch spring is a little more stiff but definately livable. thanks again everyone!!!!!!!:thanks:

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
bobsvic said:
a big thank you for what i have learned here on this forum. after reading peoples input and responses on advice about engine builds, etc. etc. etc.
i made up my mind what i wanted and went on somewhat of a limb. my 07 rg was pretty much stock, sluggish pulling a trailer and did get hot under loads.
started collecting parts. got weisco pistons and andrews 37 cams along with gaskets from scott at hillside. bought the evolution 30 tooth sprocket. had my cylinders bored (103 in) and heads ported here locally. got a fat cat with quiet baffle and a pc3 and running a k&n a/c system, im running approx 10.3 compression altogether with parts mentioned. i now have a new bike that is fun to ride and pulls my camper with ease, no pinging, no hot start issues, just put 1300 miles on a new build with no problems whatsoever on a trip i had planned and got my bike back 1 day before leaving. nervous to say the least but ended up a great ride. yalls reports are spot on. 6th gear is so much more usuable and yeah the se clutch spring is a little more stiff but definately livable. thanks again everyone!!!!!!!:thanks:

Sounds like you enjoyed your ride.......

{salute( :spank: {salute(

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Build

bobsvic said:
We are happy to have helped you!
Scott

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Yet another satisfied customer!! Isn't a shame that we have to do all these things to our bikes to make them run like they should? I for one am glad we have the experts around here too. Hillside, Doc, GRock, Tote.... the list goes on and on. Thanks to all!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts