V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to this forum. From AZ and I've mostly had Shadows and Vulcans. I just picked up my first chopper, an 07 AIH Texas Chopper.
The only problem is that the air compressor for the rear air suspension doesn't work. I am completely new to air suspensions and the service manual is very little help.
I tried filling her up with my own air compressor, but I think that might have been a bad idea because after a day or so the air has all leaked out. After looking through the V-twin forum, I found out that I should have used a hand pump.

Did I do irreparable damage?
My next step is to use soapy water to find the leak.
How should I approach fixing the bike's air compressor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

F0D6CEA9-80B3-4EEA-86F4-F03CEDBD2240.jpeg

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
there should be an aitlr line from the pump, to a T that in turn goes to the air ride suspension under the bike,,, these are just push in fittings,
replacement parts are available at auto parts stores, as well as well stocked mom and pop hardware stores...

does your pump,, actually a compressor have the 2 way switch,,, up and down from a single switch by reversing directions?

you probably did not hurt the shocks,,, they operate at higher pressures than HD shocks do...

i had a shop back when that bike was made,,, i also did warranty work for AIH,,, but they were slow pay,, slow to provide replacement parts under warranty,, in return for their lack of considerations i parted ways with the warranty service,,, i still worked on the bikes for my clients

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Pressurizing the system and a bunch of soapy water in a spray bottle is a good idea.

Find the power connection for the compressor and jumper straight to the battery and see if it runs. If yes then work through the middle parts with a volt meter or test light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The compressor has the two-way switch that goes both directions.

Sounds good. I'll replace that T and hook up the compressor to see if it runs.
Thank you for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts