V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to buy a sert for my bike when i came across the thread about this http://www.terrycomp.com/theshop.html
My question is how come more people don't use this system? I would think in the long run you would save money using this plus it constantly adjusting your fuel in real time. I know you can't adjust your timing with this, but who goes around screwing with there timing all the time.
Plus it's so hard to find someone who knows how to dyno tune. Also you spend all that money for the dyno and half the time it still isn't right.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nw_guy4_fun said:
You live in an area where there are many good tuners.
Not in my area unless you want a canned HD map.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
See problem with us west coasters is we think that New Jersey and New York are all the same and all close to everything. LOL
How about Joes Cycle Repair Mechanicsville, NY, or Rosas Cycle Shop Huntington, NY?
Black hills Custom Parts Ken, Rockaway, NJ

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nw_guy4_fun said:
See problem with us west coasters is we think that New Jersey and New York are all the same and all close to everything. LOL
How about Joes Cycle Repair Mechanicsville, NY, or Rosas Cycle Shop Huntington, NY?
Black hills Custom Parts Ken, Rockaway, NJ
Thats to far i live near AC, but what is wrong with the closed loop system? Is there somthing i'm missing? Same price as a race tuner no tuning,no dyno time, real time adjustment? Buy the time i get done with the sert i spent a small fortune and it still may not bet right, or later on i change things around, it's here we go again.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I suspose it can work but truth in advertising, it is not closed loop in the traditional EFI sense.
This device uses a sensor voltage and modifys this based on a signal from an O2 sensor to trick the ECU into the right AFR. Base map cannot be too far off this device is not a save all. No timing is changed or monitored. It is a sophiscated DFO as far as I see it. I feel a DTT TCFI is a more viable solution. It works with both exhausts and has block learn functions, timing, cold start. Much smarter and not that much more $. Delphi only.
Disclaimer I have not installed one yet but have observed it working on some very out of spec large and big cam motors.
If you already have a SERT (not mentioned) I think I would bite the bullet and go out of town to a good tuner. These guys are hard to find and when you find a good one it is worth the trouble. BTW the Terry product does not work with a Power Commander in tandem.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Oppps sorry I see you have no tuning hardware yet. Consider the DTT if you are PC literate and do the install yourself. The Terry will work too but don't expect miracles.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Hey NW guy! New York, New Jersey.... not all the same! It's like you going from Tacoma, to Everett, then back to Olympia. Sure, I-5 is smooth and fast and toll free, but a heck of a hike. Same for us here. BTW, I lived in Puyallup for 12 1/2 years!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts