V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running the Terry Components Terminal Velocity (Closed loop) system?

I am waiting on my 2006 Ultra and will be changing the intake and exhausts, this seems to respond to loading, barometric conditions and fuel.

Also seems to adjust without having to download a new map to for any change to the motor / exhaust.

http://www.terrycomp.com

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Cummins said:
Is anybody running the Terry Components Terminal Velocity (Closed loop) system?

I am waiting on my 2006 Ultra and will be changing the intake and exhausts, this seems to respond to loading, barometric conditions and fuel.

Also seems to adjust without having to download a new map to for any change to the motor / exhaust.

http://www.terrycomp.com
Yep that it does. I'm not running it but am looking at www.daytona-twintec.com unit. It is supposed to be coming out with two O2 sensors which would be a much better system.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I am running one of those on my

05 Bagger along with the SE S/W upgrade, SE Stage One Air Intake, Vance and Hines True Dual Head Pipes and Kerker Mufflers/Quiet Baffles. Needless to say, the engine performs great for a TC88.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
taswetz said:
I put one on my 2001 RKC last spring. I have about 3000 mi. on it. I love it
So if you get this you don't need a racer tuner, downloads or any of that stuff?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
When I went to a 95", put the stage II download in. Didn't like the MPG. Tried PCIIIusb, didn't care for that. Put the Terry's on, runs great. The stage two is still on it, for RPM increase and if the Terry's should fail you connect two wires together and your back running the stage II download and not worried about being too lean.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Just got this in. A notice from the site sponsors at Directparts. They have a thread in the 'forum sponsors' section of this site.

We have a sale on the Terminal Velocity II units Drag Specialties part number DS10200215. Sales price is $399.99 shipped. Sale price applies to V-Twin forum members only. Please either call your order in or when using on line ordering place your V-Twin Forum number in the comments section.

Remember, this sale ends on February 28th.

I've done business with these guys several times in the past and always had a very positive buying experience.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Seahag said:
Just got this in. A notice from the site sponsors at Directparts. They have a thread in the 'forum sponsors' section of this site.

We have a sale on the Terminal Velocity II units Drag Specialties part number DS10200215. Sales price is $399.99 shipped. Sale price applies to V-Twin forum members only. Please either call your order in or when using on line ordering place your V-Twin Forum number in the comments section.

Remember, this sale ends on February 28th.

I've done business with these guys several times in the past and always had a very positive buying experience.
They read my email that I sent. ?prty: ?prty: ?prty:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
I got the same note today.

Hi Bill,
Thank you for the email. We can do that for you through the end of February
for $399.99 + free shipping in the continental US. Call us at 800-368-6217
for the special price. The part number is DS10200215. Be sure and let others
know on the forum that this price is good through February 28th 2006. Thank
you for choosing Direct Parts.
Sam

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Just curious...whats the usual price? Don't know how good a deal that is myself.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Seahag said:
Just curious...whats the usual price? Don't know how good a deal that is myself.
List is $525 + shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Sounds like a great deal....too bad all my friends running efi are already set up with SERT's and PC III's.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
You really need to evaluate the product carefully as it is not truely closed loop in the traditional fuel injection sense. It uses an O2 sensor to send a modified signal down one of the sensor lines to trick the ECU into modifying the fuel mixture. None of the block learn functions or any of the advanced features you find in a DTT TCFI. I see it as more of an interactive DFO. There is no access to timing. You can use it with a SERT but not a PC. What's the point anyway by that time you have 800+ dollars in gear and the whole mess has not even been dyno tuned yet. I am not a fan of any product but just see pluses and minuses for them all.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
NW Some of your comments are true, I don't have a lot of options for a MM inj. In my way of thinking with anything that would read real time AFR readings such as a o2 sensor is at least reading some output from engine. Cell mapping, without a way of reading the output real time isn't exactly high tech. Most just interpret all inputs and adjust to set cells. Terminal Vel. has worked for me. Please this is just my opinion from my results.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Hey if it works for you that is good. I'm sure it can get the job done. I hope the post didn't seem like a putdown to owners that bought the product. These decisions are complex and more than one right answer or possible good solution exist, usually.
I sit in this quandry now so it is close to me. I have researched the crap out of all of the products and used many. The MM is an old system and IMO for my S.O.s bike she want more power and is tired of messing with remaps. And all the components can give out and they are big$$$. Sensors, TPS, etc. At first glance I was ready to bite then I saw what terry did. My first choice would be the SERT but I don't know any tuners around here I would let mess with that. Delphi conversion Big$$$. So now I have all sorts of NIB carbs around including a polished Holley and I think I will just go that route. Heck an out of tune CV44 on a former MM bike with usually pull 10hp more if the build is capable of over 90hp. All low tech and I can tune that. I have found the stock MM TB runs out of steam when the build approaches 90hp and with the Dakota Kid or BC Gerolomy part (42mm) they flatten about 100 or 105 IME

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
NW not offended at all. You are right we all make decisions that best fits our needs. Tuners, good tuners seem to be had to come by. When I had the PCIII on, took 2 half days off from work, one to drop off and one to pick up.I had already leaned the map after build and Stage II download. It wasn't running bad at all, I assumed a tuner on a dyno could tweak it a little. I picked the scoot back up from dealer, went through a tank of fuel in 62 miles. They had fattened the mid-range so much the plugs fouled and it wouldn't start the day. My job is Apparatus Superintendent for a Fire Dept. I spend my days around rolling iron. When I get a chance to ride, I want to ride. Wrenching my own iron, is not exactly a hobby of mine and it infringes on the time I can ride. Cheers Buddy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts