V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in my local dealers dyno night. I thought it would be fun to get my bike put on the dyno. I signed a waiver that if they blew up the motor it was not their fault. That was ok, but when I got on my bike to leave the kick stand end was broken off. I asked service manager what happened and he said they did not do it. I walked the shop and found the broken off piece with the extension. He refused to do anything since I signed a waiver. What does this have to do with kickstand broken? Dealer was Greensboro Harley. Watch out for their stealing service!!

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
My question to the dealer would have been: What does the breaking of my kickstand have to do with the Dyno test?

I am sure the disclaimer had specifics pertaining to the engine and their liability or lack thereof, if it malfunctioned or became "blew up".

I would demand to speak to the owner and maybe even mention the Better Business Bureau.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
What year and model is the bike and how many miles are on it. It does make some difference.
How do you break the kickstand end off, with no further damage to the bike, unless it is fatigued or you run over it with a truck. Inquiring minds want to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts