know on the forum that this price is good through February 28th 2006. Thank
you for choosing Direct Parts.
Sam

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skippy49 said:
Just thought I'd give this a bump for anyone interested in buying one this month!!!
Good thinking.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
What is it?

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
It's a fuel management system that constantly tunes as you ride based on an oxygen sensor in the exhaust pipe. I can't tell you too much about it other than several people use them and seem to like them. Kind of like a DFO that constantly adjusts itsself. BTW, I think Techlusion is going to come out with a DFO that uses the oxygen sensor to adjust it as you ride.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
skippy49 said:
It's a fuel management system that constantly tunes as you ride based on an oxygen sensor in the exhaust pipe. I can't tell you too much about it other than several people use them and seem to like them. Kind of like a DFO that constantly adjusts itsself. BTW, I think Techlusion is going to come out with a DFO that uses the oxygen sensor to adjust it as you ride.
Everybody pretty much will be.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
That's good to hear. I'm making some changes to my bike and was thinking of going to a system like that, but I think I'll wait a while and see what comes out in the next few months.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skippy49 said:
That's good to hear. I'm making some changes to my bike and was thinking of going to a system like that, but I think I'll wait a while and see what comes out in the next few months.
In April www.daytona-twintec.com will be coming out with a two sensor and replacement ECM for $849.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
wkohn said:
In April www.daytona-twintec.com will be coming out with a two sensor and replacement ECM for $849.
I want someone to come out with somthing that you don't have to be an engineer to set up. Iwas looking at the twintec they have out know and that seems to be a real pain to set up ,plus there's know one around that would even be able to figure it out. The only thing about the terry system is i don't want to hack into my wires and i still need the stage one download.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
That's what I'd like to see, something easy to use and with plug in wires so you don't have to cut and solder. I can easily solder wires, I just don't like the idea of doing it. Hopefully in the near future someone will come out with it. Of course then it will probably cost so much that I still won't use it :)

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
skippy49 said:
That's what I'd like to see, something easy to use and with plug in wires so you don't have to cut and solder. I can easily solder wires, I just don't like the idea of doing it. Hopefully in the near future someone will come out with it. Of course then it will probably cost so much that I still won't use it :)
I have been trying to follow the DTT thread and i have no idea what those guys are talking about.Why would you want somthing that you have to screw with all the time.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mori55 said:
I have been trying to follow the DTT thread and i have no idea what those guys are talking about.Why would you want somthing that you have to screw with all the time.

You don't have to they just like to.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Think I'll pull the trigger on this, get a stage download and be through with these $100 an hour dyno genuises. I just wanna ride, I don't care about wringing every tenth of HP or ft# of TQ out of my bike, I got plenty of those. I don't wanna keep paying these dyno Einsteins to keep fixing something I already payed em once or twice or three times to fix already! I am sitting at $400 in dyno time so far and I'm not even close yet!!
So today, I'm gonna TT Terry and make sure I'm on the correct track with my ideas and then pick up a TVII while they are still on sale. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Everyone here who has one seems to be pretty darn happy with it and hardly anyone seems to be happy with their dyno guy......

GO FIGURE.....

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
adlerx said:
Think I'll pull the trigger on this, get a stage download and be through with these $100 an hour dyno genuises. I just wanna ride, I don't care about wringing every tenth of HP or ft# of TQ out of my bike, I got plenty of those. I don't wanna keep paying these dyno Einsteins to keep fixing something I already payed em once or twice or three times to fix already! I am sitting at $400 in dyno time so far and I'm not even close yet!!
So today, I'm gonna TT Terry and make sure I'm on the correct track with my ideas and then pick up a TVII while they are still on sale. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Everyone here who has one seems to be pretty darn happy with it and hardly anyone seems to be happy with their dyno guy......

GO FIGURE.....
Let us know what terry says. I'm with you, this shouldn't have to be this complicated or expensive.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Just talked with Terry Components.

88", A/C and pipes no flash needed. After that the different flashes are need for the mods you would be doing. 95 or 98" kit with A/C and pipes would need a Stage 1 flash. Throw in cams and headwork. Stage 2 or 3 flash based on whatever cam/head comb you went with. The flashes are needed just for timing or rev limit changes that they make. Air fuel will be controlled by the TVII. It is wired the way it is because of interference with the spark controls if they were to of done it as a simple plug and play.

That is about as much help as I can give you.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Well, I just pulled the trigger! Lady I ordered from said she sold a dozen of em over the weekend to VTF members, guess we'll be getting alot of postings about it here pretty soon.
I talked to Terry and they said they'd had alot of calls about it from forum members too. The guy at Terry said that really doesn't make much of a difference on the placement of the 02 sensor. He said on his 2into1 pipe that he had it in the collector. I know there was alot of placement discussion on the other recent thread. Anyhow, I'll let you know how it works out for me..

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will be letting you know how it works also in about 6 weeks after I get my new headers.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I changed my mind. I thought that sale was too good of a buy and ordered mine today. Some new things are coming out on the market, but I'm betting they will be a lot more expensive and not gain my much for the type of riding I do. Hopefully I'll like it as well as everyone else has.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts