V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
haksaw88 said:
has anyone tried this fuel management system on a 2006 dyna yet?

http://www.terrycomp.com/tv.html
I'm not sure but because your bike has O2 sensors on it already you can't use it. It won't deal with both sensors at the same time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wasn't thinking of using both sensors....I'm sure it would just attach to the stock sensor or you could use the ones it comes with and remove the stock ones.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
haksaw88 said:
i wasn't thinking of using both sensors....I'm sure it would just attach to the stock sensor or you could use the ones it comes with and remove the stock ones.
If you disable one of your sensors and hook it up to the devise your bike will not run or will run bad. If you are looking for a system to use with your bike I think in a few months www.Daytona-twintec.com is supposed to have a dual sensor ECM that might work with an 06. Using the Terry system on your 06 bike WILL mess it up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Give Terry Comp a call instead of trying to figure it out here. The module they use might not be programmed for an '06 ECU yet. They could give you specifics that this forum can not.

If you could use it you could remove your sensors, plug one of them and drop there sensor in the other. Should use the same mounting specifications.

I'm using there unit on a '05 now! I have found them to be very helpful when I have called them for information and installation assistance.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
styd24 said:
Give Terry Comp a call instead of trying to figure it out here. The module they use might not be programmed for an '06 ECU yet. They could give you specifics that this forum can not.

If you could use it you could remove your sensors, plug one of them and drop there sensor in the other. Should use the same mounting specifications.

I'm using there unit on a '05 now! I have found them to be very helpful when I have called them for information and installation assistance.
An important point. 05s did not come with any O2 sensors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i understand what you're saying now....I thought his came with 2 02 sensors not just one.

I guess that one's out then.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
haksaw88 said:
i understand what you're saying now....I thought his came with 2 02 sensors not just one.

I guess that one's out then.
Yeah for right now. Wait about a year and stuff will start coming out. I do know that Daytona-TwinTec is already working on a double O2 sensor ECM to replace the stock one. Would be a better way to go. IMO I have also heard that S & S is working on one that will also replace the stock ECM.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here's the response I got from Terry's.

YES - it is compatible with the 02 sensor for the new dyna. Connect & ride. Yes - Screaming ealge & pipes

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
styd24 said:
And does it work well?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
haksaw88 said:
here's the response I got from Terry's.

YES - it is compatible with the 02 sensor for the new dyna. Connect & ride. Yes - Screaming ealge & pipes
Will they take it back if it doesn't work? Ask them if it has a hook-up for two or one O2 sensors. If he says one it won't work on an 06 that comes with 2 sensors. It will just confuse the ECM.

After you buy it and it messes up your bike can I buy it for half price? My bike is an 05 and does not have any O2 sensors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just passed on what I got from terry's.

Yeah you can buy my bike for 1/2 price after it's messed up. Stupid comment.

ask him yourself if you have questions.

I was just trying to get some info on this and passed along what i got from terry's.
He didn't say if hooks up to one or 2 sensors. I'd assume two if it's supposed to work with the 06 but i wouldn't buy one before I knew....

I don't even have an 06 dyna. This new system is the reason I bought a new 05 carb bike last year. I was just trying to learn a little more about it and what's available out there.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
haksaw88 said:

I was just trying to get some info on this and passed along what i got from terry's.
He didn't say if hooks up to one or 2 sensors. I'd assume two if it's supposed to work with the 06 but i wouldn't buy one before I knew....

I don't even have an 06 dyna. This new system is the reason I bought a new 05 carb bike last year. I was just trying to learn a little more about it and what's available out there.
Ahhhhhhhhhh well why didn't you say so in the beginning? Or did you? American Iron is supposed to be doing a test on this unit in the near future.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
haksaw88 said:

Now you want to hear something really stupid? Okay I'll tell you anyways. It doesn't work on carb bikes. :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:thanks: for that bit of useful info

Got anymore valuable blatantly obvious info ?:duh?:

·
Registered
34 Posts
If any of you guys decide to install one let me know how it goes, I am very interested, by the way the 06 dynas in Australia do not have the 02 sensors fitted "both ports in the pipes are plugged" and my bike has a softail download and runs like a clock, Im sure the air in USA is no different and so is the motor in the harley, My bike runs perfect

1 - 18 of 18 Posts