V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I live in southeast Ky but do a little ridin' in Tn. Plan on going to Boozy creek in May?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm out of Sevierville

usually ride here in the mountains and maryville sometimes head to barbarosa on the other side of newport

i think ive heard of boozy creek, where is that?

·
424 Posts
MaxThrottle said:
Any East Tennessee riders here?

Does Knoxville count???~!Awesome!

I ride the Smokies and the Skyway with my brother in law and my sister who live in Maryville...He has a Wide Glide (I think) and she has a 1200 Sportster Custom....I've got a '06 Road Glide

I'm sure we'll pass on the road:thumbsup:

·
100th Road Glide
283 Posts
max

Where in east tn are you located. I am from Bristol but live in central/northern va. Will get down that way some this summer since brother and mom still there. Brother rides a lot down there. Rusty Turner, do you know him? He does custom car rebuilds as well as works on Harleys.
Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
Boozy Creek Dirt Drags, mothers day weekend and 4th of july weekends. Camping, great rock music, a few vendors, private property with great security provided by the hosts, The OUTLAWS. It is in Kingsport, Tn. Norhteast Tn.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mike, dont know turner sounds like a great line of work! i'm riding out of sevierville

joe, may have already crossed paths on foothills parkway or around maryville

kickin, the boozy creek deal sounds like fun!

i'm riding an old '80 sportster, cant afford anything else right now :eek:

·
424 Posts
MaxThrottle said:
joe, may have already crossed paths on foothills parkway or around maryville

kickin, the boozy creek deal sounds like fun!

i'm riding an old '80 sportster, cant afford anything else right now :eek:
Probably already have....Last nice weekend (two weeks ago, I think) We went up to Chillhowee and then over to Townsend via Foothills Pkwy for a bite of Lunch...I'll keep my eye open for a '80 Sportster!!! :wootdnc:

If you see a '06 Road Glide jammin' to some good ole' Rock and Roll that will be me :wavey: out burning some gas along with my brother in law :chopper: and sister ?prty: Maybe the wife too if it warms up for her ( mid 80's) :flames:

See ya' on the road!!!

Do you ever go to Smoky Mountain Harley for the Saturday evening shows??? I think, they start back up in March or maybe April!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep i think it was 2 weekends ago we were out on the foothills parkway headed toward chillhowie, hung a right and headed into maryville

i was on the old sporty, had a friend on a newer sporty, another on a duece and another on a green shovelhead and 2 hondas

never been to smoky mountain harley for the saturday night deal, sounds like something to do though!!

have ya ever been to barbarosa bike bar outside of newport on the river? pretty cool little place, they have camping right there next to it in the summer, usually at least 40 bikes there on a slow day can get up around or even over 100 on a busy day

·
424 Posts
MaxThrottle said:
yep i think it was 2 weekends ago we were out on the foothills parkway headed toward chillhowie, hung a right and headed into maryville

i was on the old sporty, had a friend on a newer sporty, another on a duece and another on a green shovelhead and 2 hondas

never been to smoky mountain harley for the saturday night deal, sounds like something to do though!!

have ya ever been to barbarosa bike bar outside of newport on the river? pretty cool little place, they have camping right there next to it in the summer, usually at least 40 bikes there on a slow day can get up around or even over 100 on a busy day
Never been to Barbosa Bike Bar....That sounds like a BLAST. Do you have a phone # for them to make reservations or is it just show up and camp?

The OL would really dig something like that in the summer (mid 80's thing again :whistle: ) and it would be a ?prty: to get together up in the Newport area and go ride!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
we are thinking of heading over to barbarosa today, my wife actually wants to take a ride with me today (somewhat rare..she hates my seat) so we may head out with the shovel head and the newer sporty (blue 2004 883)

i hear ya on the wife liking the warmer weather, my wife thinks i'm crazy for riding to work in the cold but i go nuts if the weather keeps me off the bike

will ask about camping in the summer, i dont think it's a reservation type thing but i will ask

we are also planning on going to the spring cherokee run and possibly taking a tent to that also, ever been to that? heard they got great prices on parts and other stuff during that event

latest pic of my bike...

http://photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/Bike Pics/?action=view&current=MVC-025S.jpg

has this tank on it i painted, if ya see this it's my bike, havent seen any tanks painted with black on black flames around here...

http://photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/Bike Pics/?action=view&current=newtank.jpg

·
424 Posts
Yea I have heard of the Cherokee Rally...Some friends of my sister's are going to celebrate their anniversary...I'm thinking about going with my brother in law and sister to Cherokee...

Nice looking sporty!!! Ireaaly like the tank, I like the look of the black on black never seen that before!!!

We'll keep our eyes open for ya' Let me know what you find out about the camping....That would make for a great three day weekend kind of run!!!:banana:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
well just got back from the ride, we did end up going there today

turns out he sold the land he used for camping but is working on the opposite side land for the same deal

will get more info, did find out they have a cabin and 2 other things to stay in there but that was from the waitress, bob who owns it was running around like crazy so i didnt get to ask whats gonna happen, no sweat though, i'll find out!!

so, today was a late start but we did get over there and get a digital pic for ya to see the out side and just the pool table part of the inside, theres tables to the right of the pool table pic and a big deck outside, people including myself have signed the walls and damn near everything else inside so bring a marker!! hehehe... bikes were still coming in as we left at around 4 this afternoon

it ended up being me and the wife, dude with the shovel head and dude with the 883 sporty, while we were there shooting pool and having a cold one we discussed the cherokee spring run, looks like it's a go

few pics

first, the outside with an old honda on the roof, it was built out of an old pole barn....

http://photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/Bike Pics/?action=view&current=MVC-001S.jpg

an inside shot, there are 2 pool tables and a great juke box along with there own DJ system, from what i heard the place was JUMPIN last night, oh and there seems to be ALOT of Bra's hanging from the ceiling....didnt get to witness a doner today though

http://photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/Bike Pics/?action=view&current=MVC-003S.jpg

and if ya ride in the cold, ya gotta have a bit of face protection hehehehe........

http://photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/Bike Pics/?action=view&current=Copyofskull.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
I live outside Maryville,just about 15 minutes from the dragon. I like to ride the foothills parkway and 129. was there yesturday.. I have a 06 street glide {black} my brother has a 05 road king custom {blue} Go to the smoky mountain hd things when I'm off on sat night.Also Quaker Stake and Lube, don't drink just like to ride.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
i go to barbarosa to get a ride in and see the different bikes, if i have a beer i nurse it till it's hot, for the riding i usually have a bottle of water and a beef jerky, like to drink my beer at home :cheers:

ridden the dragon, thats a great place!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
i am injefferson city, let's ride

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.