V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone catch the Koppel on Discovery special sunday night? What did ya think?

I found it interesting but lacking. I thought it was kinda weak that they only concentrated on one wing of one prison in CA without giving any facts about the situation nation wide. There was some statement about having 4 times as many prisoners in the US than we did in 19XX(i think they gave a year in the 80's). That to me is some garbage fluff that I would have never expected out of the Discovery Channel or Ted Koppel.

One part that amazed me was that the latinos wouldn't talk to the camera....AT ALL! It didn't amaze me because they are latino but because they are cons(they usually seem to love attention). Might be a silent statement of athourity.

Maybe some of the prez candidates watched it and learned something.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
25% increase

The statement that there has been a 25% increase in prisoners in the last six years is one to consider. I don't doubt the data just question the reasons. Has the crime rate in CA increased by the same 25%?

It obvious to anyone watching the program that the CA system is really messed up. Four thousand unfilled employee positions available state wide in the CA prison system for the last few years. And rather than coming to some solution where they could hire more people they have guards making over $ 120,000 a year becasue of the overtime.

I'm no expert on prison systems but it obvious there is a big problem in CA and the rest of the country. This program is not the only one on the tube. Lockup is another program that looks across the country at the prison systems. Watching Lockup sure make you wonder why the systems are so screwed up in almost every state.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts