V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to keep things relatively organized and user friendly, we have created a number of threads for dedicated subjects.

This thread is dedicated to providing technical specs, product info and answering any questions you might have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lengths and spring rates

JRi Harley Davidson shocks are available in single adjustable and non adjustable options in three different lengths, 11" 12" and 13" with a variety of spring combinations.

Our 12" stock is the most common starting place and would be the closest direct OEM replacement. Our "standard" replacement setup as a starting point would be the 12" shock with a 23nm spring.

From that point, you can increase or decrease your spring rate to better suite your own weight and riding style. Keep in mind not only your weight but the weight of your passenger and the frequency with which you ride 2-up.

We will continue supplying more product info but if anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask. For vehicle specific info you can view our application chart HERE that offers great length and spring recommendations based on your machine and riding type.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2003 Heritage Softail which is carbureted, I had a Stroke in 2013 and have not ridden since. My friend took the bike out a few times and never had any problems. I start it every so often while it has been garage kept. In October of 2016, I went out and started the bike and let it run for about 10 minutes, then gave it gas a couple of times, I heard a pop,and it shut down. I went to re-start it and it wouldn't start up again. Changed the plugs, took the coil off and put on my friends 2005 Softail and it started right up, Checked carb it is getting plenty of gas. My battery is about 4 yrs old, and is on Charger all the time, however, after trying to start the bike it drains down quickly, and bike will still not start. Had an Ignition Module from friends Harley and switched out with mine and bike will still not start. Put back on the charger and waiting for some warmer weather to look at it again. Any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
A new battery would help, but since your bike sits a lot I would say pull the carburetor and clean it. What kind of stroke did you have? I have had two strokes and still ride. I am still making Pennsylvania rights, but am working on that.

tarheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts