V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody in the forum using the Techlusion Fuel Injector Control Box (TFI)? Any opinions... Did a search but turned up zip.

Seems Power Commander is the benchmark, but my wrench pushed me in the TFI direction.
No complaints, after 8K mi, however I get the 1K yd stare when I tell folks what I'm running. One drawback, you have to tap into ECM harness 2 wires (output only)+ pwr and grnd. No mapping required, adjustments full manual using pots.

Tuned myself, no problem, no pops, no burbles on decel.

Full setup: V&H Big Shot Staggered, SE Stage 1 breather, and the TFI.

www.techlusion.com Site appears to be under construction, however when I purchased it was working.

Just looking for guy on the street feedback on this module.

Fat

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who turned you on 2 it? Why did'ya go with TFI?
Tune it yourself?
Are ya happy with the results?

Like I said, bench is PC, interested in "off the trail" products.
Fat

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Fatchance, techlision has recieved a fair amount of press for BMW opposed twins. Some if them have a real problem surging, apparently due to the factory FI settings for emmisions. BMW historically denied htere was a problem (big surprise huh?). ANyway, the techlusion was claimed to be a fix. From what i could gather (I never tried it since my beamer didn't have the problrm) it worked for some, but BMW would apparently not honor the warranty. A bigger deal than with a Harley since they have a 3 year factory warranty.

Last weekend at the Long Beach swap meet, a guy selling Harley parts who was also a wrench (SD area) was pushing them. First I had seen for a Harley. I probably would have the same concern if I was under warranty.

·
Slightly Abrasive
123 Posts
I dont use either but a TFI and a DFO (Digital Fuel Optimizer) are the same thing. Try a search on Digital Fuel .... a few results.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
First heard about it from Hippo. Did a little reading from their website (appears it is currently undergoing changes), called and ask a few questions. Installed it myself (meaning ANYBODY can do it) and have tuned it myself. I'm sure more could be gained if I had it tuned on a dyno but that stuff doesn't interest me. Got rid of all popping on deceleration, pulls harder, and runs noticably cooler. Would buy another in a heartbeat!

RR

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
The local dealer sales dude was talkin up the techlusion the other day. He kept looking over his shoulder like he should have been selling something else.
Nice to hear you like the results. I'm still looking at it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
One thing nice about the DFO is that you can get them for about $150 all day long.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just bought one on Sunday. The install was easy. I need some good weather to get it tuned up; maybe today or tomorrow. All the Harley stealers in my area are using them and all claim excellent results. I have the stage I 95 inch kit and high performance mufflers. The remap doesn't compensate for the mufflers so I was running too lean (lots of decel popping and searching/lurching at low rpm's).

-JP

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck joffrey, tuning should be a snap, took me 2 - 3 hours of country road riding to tweak.
Prior to purchasing, my research concluded that a remap and PC may not be enough to compensate for some mods.

Roadrocket took the words outta my mouth, if I can do it ANYBODY can.

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just went out for my first ride. The bike runs better (no more popping)but I noticed after stopping my front pipe turned yellow at the bend near the foot rest where there is no heat shield. It was perfect chrome before. Now I'm concerned she's running too hot. I started with the stage II settings w/mapping. That is with green set at 3, yellow set at 4 and red at 6. I did the green adjust and found that at 1800 rpm it ran best with it set completely off. However, this brings back the popping on decel. I set it to 2 and backed off the yellow to 3. I think I'm going to take it into the stealer and have them set it up with the dyno and emissions system. I'm too paranoid now about it running too hot.

This sucks!

-JP

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Unless your compression is above 9.5 - 9.75 and you have a pretty big cam in it, I would set the Red pot back to about 2.5 - 3. Set the rpm pot to about 4 or 4.5. Green seems O.K. @ 2.5 - 3.0 and Yellow @ 3 to 4 with a Stage 1 flash. I would guess the Red setting is way to high @ 6!

RR

·
Registered
110 Posts
Fatchance37.

Go down to the one of the V-ROD Forums.

Type in "KAZ do you like your Techlusion Box?"

He's getting the most HP with that box tuned by Techlusions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts