V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone im an ultra rider from the uk does anyone know where i will get the tech tip bulletins from.Ive had a couple of mishaps with the bike eg., new engine, broke down three times i went touring. once to europe stuck in a field ,in franc e ,once stuck in norway .in the middle of god knows where ,and of corse on the big uk meet at aviemore scotland . and now ive got cam bearing problems, on my second engine,am i missing something here,besides a bad loss of hair.please help

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The weekly tech tips and the service bulletins are only sent to dealers. So are the service campaigns, and they try very hard to keep them under wraps.
The only time customers are notified is when they are official recalls forced by the NHTSA.

Some of the info gets out thru the internet.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
tech tip bulletins/ cam bearings

Hi!
Regarding your cam bearing problems, you can go to this link and enter your vin # and it'll tell you if your model has past problems/recals etc.
If you've nothing to worry about it'll just tell you servicing tasks.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/MNT/SCHK/en/servicecheckup.asp?bmLocale=en_US&\

I've checked out my 2000 TC88 for possible bearing problems and it should be fine, but if you enter this vin# you will see what the Warning looks like for this individual bike, Vin# 1hd1djv11xy643676

Dermot. :D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Try the 'yahoo' groups, and anything to do with your bike, etc. TC88, roadking. harley... etc.
Look in their files an folders, see what you find!

Don't look you won't know..............:confused:

(what model you got anyway)? :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts