V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im considering switching the FX front end on my Night Train from the Stock FX style forks to FL style forks. What is the best way to do this? Are their any parts I can use from my front end to piece together a new front end, more specifically will my fork tubes work with FL sliders and triples? Should I just bite the bullet and buy the whole front end? Is ebay going to be my friend on this one? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I actually seen a bike on CycleTrader.com once that someone had modifited with a Fatboy Front end and then changed out the paint set also. It looked like a fatboy with a wrinkle black engine. Was selling on the cheap to. Looked good. Post up some pics when you get done.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
alpineskiman said:
Im considering switching the FX front end on my Night Train from the Stock FX style forks to FL style forks. What is the best way to do this? Are their any parts I can use from my front end to piece together a new front end, more specifically will my fork tubes work with FL sliders and triples? Should I just bite the bullet and buy the whole front end? Is ebay going to be my friend on this one? Thanks in advance for the help.
Alpineskiman,

You might consider just swapping out the 21" front tire for 16", and the FL fender for a Fatboy or FL fender, but keeping the FL forks. It's a lot cheaper and I think it looks good. I did that on mine and the bike certainly handles a hell of a lot better now. I can rip into turns I would've never considered with the skinny 21" stock low profile rubber. My pics were taken before I put on a Fat Boy fender, but I think it came out OK.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
The FL forks are shorter than the FX set. I would have to agree with going to the FL sized tire and fender keeping the FX forks. Not sure, but I believe there is some rake difference in the trees between the FX and FL also.

·
Registered
86 Posts
On the Nighttrain owners thread there is a picture of a Night train with a fatboy wheel and street stalker fender. It on the last page.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts