V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get Harley tech manual for FXSTD/I (Deuce) cheaper than a Harley Dealership.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Best bet is to get it from Chicago Harley over the phone at 20% off. shipping shoulkd be about what you save in sales tax.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I second that, I've had really good service from Chicago harley. You can't beat them. I've ordered three times from them and received shipment within 3 days on 2 of them. The third was on backorder and you can shoot order questions to them on their website forum. Their url is here .

- Z

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Just spend my $56.00 purchasing my '03 manual at Battlefield Harley Davidson.

You would think for that price I could have some more pictures (and in color) no less ;)

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
service manual addendum

I also ordered a parts manual from my local dealership ($45). Saw one of the mechanics going through it and got them to order me one. It has technical line drawings of all parts and part numbers, also shows how things fit together.
It really fills in the gaps of the service manual and gives you the actual part numbers of stuff like that particular washer, seal or bolt you are looking for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know how it compares but I just bought the Clymers 02 Road King service manual off of Ebay for $22.50 (new). At that price I thought I would give it a shot before paying $56.00 from the Harley dealer. I've used Clymers before and they worked pretty well for what I do. There is a guy on Ebay that seems to have a ton of various Harley manuals.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts