V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Dawg, I don't think you have any problems that would lead to a breakdown on a short trip. The primary cover seepage is hard to stop. Mine seeped very slightly and was unable to stop it. I waited untill I replaced the chain adjuster with a automatic tensioner to replace the gasket. No seepage yet. You may try torqueing the primary cover screws to 120 in-pounds in the proper sequence as per manual to see if you can stop it though. It's best to periodically retorque them from time to time before you see seepage. There are firm believers in sealing the new gasket before use to help keep it from wicking oil but i've never done it.

I'm not sure about the noise...could be just the cam chain noise you are hearing or it could be a sound radiating from somewhere else. If you have your primary chain too tight it can make a slight sqeeking across the shoe but that's easy to check. It's hard to guess at noises without hearing them myself. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

Later,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.