V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 04 heritage with 95" build ,ran great last year up till about the last week of riding,then with the ol on back went around a corner and cranked it on and at the higher rpm heard a noise that I thought was posibly an exhaust gasket,so over winter I changed the gaskets and finally got to ride it today,the noise is still there and sounds like it is on the top end but cant be sure,it only does this at higher rpm and is louder with 2 people on it,any ideas whet it might be?I'm starting to get worried now but dont want to tear it apart unless I have an idea what it could be ,head gasket? wrist pin?dont know:huh:

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
Puzzles me that an engine noise would change with 2 up, though I suppose the extra weight might be putting extra stress on the exhaust and opening something up more.

Not really a serious suggestion, but I had a similar noise that appeared only 2 up on my 'other' bike - turned out the chain guard was slightly bent - just enough to graunch with the extra weight.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,think I found the problem ,I checked the primary chain last fall and it seemed tight upon recheck it was loose so I went and got an auto tensioner toke a short ride and no noise but will hopefully get to ride a bit more later this week if the weather stays decent and will post if I happen to hear it again,all is good for now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts