V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to upgrade to 95" this winter. is it possible to get triple digit h.p.
(or close to it) from top end mods only? not sure whose parts i will be
using. will it be worth reworking stock heads, or getting aftermarket?
i plan on 10:1 comp. gear drive for cams. any help will be great. i am concerned about reliability, since it is my only 2 wheel cruiser
('00 fat boy) i average about 110 miles round trip to work. just trying to get more nut from the old girl .

thanx....DZLFITR

cars are little & smell funny.
heat means power, & smoke is our friend

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yes, but it will have to be pretty optimized in all respects, ie carb, ignition, exhaust, etc. Much easier to get there with a carb. You can come close with EFI too but the engine will have to be more radical and it will be much more expensive.
If it were me I would be satisfied with triple digit torque, build conservative and let the HP fall where it may. It will be a much nicer to ride bike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hippo, Can I Pick Your Brain More...

If you wanted a relaible FI TC, what mods would you do, and what wouldn't you? I want to be able to go out of state with some confidence.

Are the TC heads a weak point, i.e., they don't breath well, and can be improved relatively easily? Would just replacing the heads (or having them ported by a respectable builder with a flow bench) provide torque/HP, without giving up reliability?

Would a "mild" cam take it out of the "reliable" catagory?

Can the Delphi FI be made to adjust to these mods, near as well as a carbed bike?

(Wishing I would have purchased the carbed version...)

Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts