V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an acceptable way to mate a TC88A engine with a 1995 FXST transmission? Thanks, Alan

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DanNZ - thanks for the come back. It's a custom rigid frame, but laid out for an EVO. What's the issues mating the two?

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
Several companies make an adapter plate for the rear of the TC88 engine that allows you to bolt it into the EVO frames. Vulcan Engineering is one of them. Bean at Big Boyz Cycles has one on the shelf that he said he would cut you a good deal on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You Need a 1" offset Transmission plate, and the TC Engine Rear mount adaptor , both items are avalible from Motorwayengineering.com ie Vulcan.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about the primary, can I use a stock inner and outer (if so, which - TC or EVO), or do I need to go open belt?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You Want to use the Evo primary & clutch & starter set up w/ 1" Off set trans plate, Twin cam primarys have the 1" off set built in,
Whats your plans on ignition set up?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DanNZ, have you got any idea how much modification it will require to use the EVO clutch on the TC88 engine, and how much work to modify the primary covers to fit the TC88?

As for ignition, I haven't got that far yet. Actually, I don't even have the engine cases yet. All I've got is the tranny, and a bunch of TC88A parts, including top-end...What's your recommendation on ignition?

Thanks... Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts