V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the part numbers for ignition coils, Harley or second market that work with TC88 EFI bikes?

Does EFI make a difference in ignition coils compared to carb?

I need to purchase a coil and plug wires for my 2004 FB EFI.

Any suggestions on what is best?

Thanks.....

·
Registered
772 Posts
mchaous

Here is a couple of suggestions.

Go do a search on the web.

I would be willing to bet that any of the big name ignition companies make coils and wires for your model and year FB.

You may consider checking our ACCEL or MSD, etc.. Or you can even go to the HD website and look for your particular part type. Hope this helps.
:xhere:

·
Comfortably numb.....
41 Posts
I have heard that you have to use a specific type of wire on the EFI motors. Something about the high voltage in the wires upseting the EFI system. Not too sure as I have a carb and didn't pay perticular attention to it, but worth checking out. Could avoid headaches later.

·
Registered
203 Posts
firewrench said:
I have heard that you have to use a specific type of wire on the EFI motors. Something about the high voltage in the wires upseting the EFI system. Not too sure as I have a carb and didn't pay perticular attention to it, but worth checking out. Could avoid headaches later.
Just be sure to get "suppression" wires.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Just get another set of stock wires. Not that I am big fan of HD, but your not going to gain anything with after market, and HDs are fine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
mchaous said:
Can anyone tell me what the part numbers for ignition coils, Harley or second market that work with TC88 EFI bikes?

Does EFI make a difference in ignition coils compared to carb?

I need to purchase a coil and plug wires for my 2004 FB EFI.

Any suggestions on what is best?

Thanks.....
I recommend Magnacor plug wires. They have great suppression characteristics. Go to magnacor.com.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The Screamin' Eagle plug wires for your model are only $12.95 a set at full retail. And unless your coil has failed or you're planning on a very high compression build, I'd just leave the stock one in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts