V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a 03'dyna fxd super glide tc88 and just inspected cam chain tensioners, and they are ready to be replaced due tensioner came apart on inspection and both shoes shows have significant wear. so thought time for new cams. so how big cams can go in if everything is stock?? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Concur with Don,, doing a build, as you are planning, is always problematic, and expensive,,

The issue with valve springs is not a stronger issue it is a clearance issue to accomodate the larger cams.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
In hot rodding there is always something in the way of more power. The valve springs, where eyes go for more lift, are not the constraint. The heads flat line after .400 lift and are restrictive on both sides.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I run the 26N in my 05 WG had the same idea to go to a 95 but never happened and they are still pulling great . Been running them for a couple years and I ride 1 up 90% of the time . I did pipes, A/C, and a PC3 I put in a 06 cam chest and oil pump . Thats why I had to run the N series of cam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts