V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike sometimes hesitates and briefly sputters during 40-70 MPH acceleration. Spark plugs and air filter look OK. Engine has 27K miles and had a 20K mile dealer service. I have changed oil and filter twice since then.

Is it possible I have some bad gasoline in the tank or a plugged fuel filter causing the problem? What else should I look for?

Thank you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i was about to post a similar question. mine only does this once warmed up and will completely die then backfire and get goin again. hasnt sat long enough for water in the tank i dont think...engine lite will come on for a bit when its sputtering and dieing but then it can magically go out and the bike will run fine for a bit.....

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was about to post the same question. My 03 Heritage, high mileage with 46K, began sputtering and hesitating on acceleration. I recently had the stater and the rotor replaced. We've also had some rain here, so it's possible there could be some condensation in the tank. I wanted to get opinions here before I take it to the shop. My mechanic seems to know what my bank balance is these days, because every time I see him, that's exactly how much the service on the bike will cost.

Nerdicus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts