V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have your noticed how this change in the weather has reduced the Twin Cam engine heat complaints? You fellows up north remember us Texans next August when it's hot. Think I'll ride across town today for Thanksgiving dinner. Glade I don't have to deal with winter proofing the bike. Seems like just yesterday when I saw my engine oil temperature gauge reading 235 degrees. Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I rode across town for Thanksgiving too - I just had to bundle up a bit :D

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It runs hotter...20-30 degrees hotter , complaired to an Evo, measured with digtal dual probe thermometer, tempurature taken at same time same riding conditions. On the rocker boxes, on the nose cone, in the oil tank and on the heads...the Twin Cam was always hotter.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Related to the last post: all temp readings were taken between the same two bikes in hot summer weather. First bike was 02'FLHTCI (stock) and the second bike was 97' FLHT with ev27 cam, S&S carb and air filter, Dyna 2000 ing, Samson slip-ons, and stock heads . The Evo's dyno peaks at 63HP and spark plug colors between the two bikes is very close to the same, so I don't think the Evo is running cooler due to over richness.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Who cares about hot, that's why we live in Texas. Hell, here in Ft. Worth, guys ride year around in weather I sure wouldn't. I am a fair weather rider, I ride for fun, not need.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
While it's true that the TC's run hotter then the EVO's it is also true that properly hopped up TC's run cooler then stock ones.

With weather in the 40's right now a hot running TC would come in handy. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts