V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just made the aquisition of a 2002 Heritage springer 2002, and will take delivery in the next few weeks. My question to all of you is is the engine dependable, and is the EFI worth the extra money?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Question about the EFI was answered on a similar thread earlier today.

As far as the B engine, there is no real problem with it, other then the balancers eating up a few horses, and as long as the engine is not modified in a radical way.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Sturgis,

I have a 2001 Duece with EFI, 88b motor and I love it! I just had the 95" Kit installed, SE 203 cams running a Thunderheader and I'm completely satisfied! I've never owned a HD with a carb so I don't have any experience with that, but I do enjoy the simplicity of turning on the key and just pushing the start button without worrying about the choke.

Good luck on your purchase!

Kim

·
Registered
24 Posts
02 SPRINGER

JUST BOUGHT THE SAME BIKE -02 SPRINGER- TOOK IT TO BIKE WEEK AND PUT 1000 MILES ON IT DOWN THERE. I LOVE IT. IT WAS THE SPRINGER OR A FAT BOY AND I AM GLAD I BOUGHT THE SPRINGER. YOU DONT SEE ONE ON EVERY CORNER.IT LOOKS GREAT AND RIDES VERY GOOD. I GUESS YOU CANT DO AS MUCH HIGH PERFORMANCE STUFF TO THE ENGINE .BUT YOU CAN STILL GET IT TO GO . IF YOU ARE GOING TO END UP WITH A HORSEPOWER-TORQUE MONSTER THEN YOU MIGHT WANT SOMETHING ELSE.OR AT LEAST THE 88 WITHOUT THE B.

·
Registered
37 Posts
B motor

Have had my Deuce with the B engine since June of 2000 & it's been great ,no problems except a volt. reg. (warranty) but eng. wise it's been reliable as a rock! Have over 15k on it now. I know that doesn't sound like alot but thats split between 3 bikes.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts