V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You posted up on the HTT site the other day to a question I had about the value of throttle body boring; claimed 4-5 TQ and HP was possible with .200" overbore and blending the intake out to the runners.

I have a couple of questions and want to test the possibility. Jump back over to HTT, look for my thread by the same name and let's see what happens. Email me, I am keen to give it a go.:cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm running the Hillside bored TB, it was installed as part of my build package so I can't say exactly what the gain was but I do know that when used in combination with the Woods 6G, Hillside Stage II Heads and FatCat it definately preforms.

Al

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
SEDELUXE said:
DJ there are a few guys running bored t/b and what Scott says is correct. but remember its all in the tuning. I think Scott said in his post on HTT "tuned correctly" 4-5 is possible.

Exhaust,heads, and ci will also play a huge role in this.

@gree: Scott is correct you will get a few more ponies IF tuned correctly.

{salute( :spank: {salute(

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys,
I am not doubting, just want to test the hypothesis. I run a mild 95" Deuce, cammed and with headwork; both numbers near 100. I have a bare TB that I want Hillside to bore. I will have it installed, retune and post the before and after dynos for anyone that is interested. I am not concerned about tuning, one of the best in the country is in my backyard.

I am a member here but spend most of my time at HTT. Have posted on both forums and sent Scott an email but have not heard from him. I am ready to ship the TB but I have a few questions and I will ship as soon as I hear from Scott and know the cost, exactly what I need to ship and how to address the issue connecting the intake after the Oring has been removed by boring. Like I said, I just want to give it a go!:cheers:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I have seen where the PEAK numbers will remain very close to the same but the curve will alter. Meaning that you will see a nice increase in the curve and then only a slight rise or none to the peak. Now If i could peak peak or increase in the curve I would pick the curve, but that is just me. I will stay tuned to see what the results are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts