V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any experience with these? what is involved with the install?
does it affect the flow of fuel and reading the level of fuel?any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks,jay.

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
Anyone can install one with a pliers and a crow bar. After you raise the tank, you'll notice the ugly neck of the frame and the wiring. Hopefully the bars won't hit the speedo. SELL IT TO A FRIEND.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. i thought there had to be some issues with it b/c its so cheap.and usually cheap means issues. maybe it would be good for a sporty or a bike that doesn't have the speedo on the tank. thanks again.jay.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Depends on the Bike. I have one on my RG and it looks and functions great. Actually improves the line transition from the tank to the fairing. People look at my RG and notice it looks very nice, better than most, but can't quite figure out why if I don't tell them. I don't think they look good on most of the other models, especially the EG.

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
I am sure it would look good on a Glide.. no unsightly neck to look at, and the bars arent close to the tank.. My pal asked me to put one on his softtail, but after it was mocked up, it looked crappy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts