V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice on taller and more pullback handlebars. The stock bars on my 07 EG are just to far forward and to low. Wild Ones 575 look to be the ones I need but they are a bit expensive. My budget won't cover them just now. [Big D...]
Any other suggestions with a better price?
Thanks

Barney Biker
07 EG

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ask Wild Ones if they have any blems. You won't be able to find it without their circle around it and it will save you a bunch of $$$$$$.

·
Banned
711 Posts
If Wild Ones don't solve your problems, consider Wide Glide Bars. I, and several other guys I know, replaced our Road King stock bars with the Wide Glide bars to get higher and pull back. I really like them that way.

Not sure if works the same with an EG though. Someone else might chime in with that.

A consideration might be the brake lines. We either had to straighten our by bending or replace (I went braided anyway)

Good luck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think the original post is about an Electra Glide.

Jawrider, I've got the WO575s and really like 'em. However, H-D also makes a touring pullback handlebar that sells for $50. Have you looked in to these?:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524442242105&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302287417&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=2534374302287417&bmUID=1194629339413&bmLocale=en_US

I've heard different reports as to which cables you would need to replace. With my WO575, I had to replace the brake line and the clutch cable.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Barney Biker said:
Need advice on taller and more pullback handlebars. The stock bars on my 07 EG are just to far forward and to low. Wild Ones 575 look to be the ones I need but they are a bit expensive. My budget won't cover them just now. [Big D...]
Thanks

Barney Biker
07 EG

I have a 06 RK Classic. Replaced the stock w/Heritage bars, 1 week after I did went to DC for Rolling Thunder from Georgia. NO PROBLEMS!! Before my arm would go to sleep.

Stand for Something or Fall for Anything///{salute(

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Handlebars

The Heritage and Road Glide are to narrow where they are covered on the EG Mount area.
The Harley bars have a lot of pullback but the bars put your wrist in a bind.
The wild Ones have a blemished set on their site but they still cost $200. That is over my budget right now.
Thanks guys

Barney Biker
07 EG

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Police bars are taller and narrower. They are supposed to fit with stock cables and lines.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
this?

Barney Biker said:
Thanks

Barney Biker
07 EG
www.flandersco.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts