V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 FXDWGI and I would like some feedback from someone who has installed a Tallboy seat. I'm 6'4" and would like to get a little more leg room and move my hips higher than my knees. I've had some hip cramping on longer rides and I think this may be the reason.

Is this seat comfortable for long rides and better than stock? Is is similar to the Sundowner seat? I had put a Sundowner on my old Sportster, but didn't like the way it moved me forward.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Own an FLHRI not a FXDWGI. Ride on a Mustang seat, not a HD Tallboy. But, I got to imagine the Tallboy would be way more comfortable. Pretty much anything is more comfortable than a stock Harley seat. :laugh:

·
Riding yr rnd in sunny FL
309 Posts
I don't know about the tallboy, but I have a Mustang seat with a backrest on my 96 WG. I'm 6' 2" and it's very comfortable, much better than stock.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
PACSMAN said:
I have an 05 FXDWGI and I would like some feedback from someone who has installed a Tallboy seat. I'm 6'4" and would like to get a little more leg room and move my hips higher than my knees.
My '06 Street Bob came stock with a solo seat. I couldn't ride over 50 miles without hurting. I'm 6'4", too. I'm well satisfied with my TALLBOY. I've ridden 500 miles in one trip and it was comfortable all the way. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I changed out the stock roadking saddle for a tallboy and am very happy.Now I have to rethink my handle bars for the second time.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. Unfortunatly, I was ready to purchase the Tallboy, but HD doesn't make one for an 05 FXDWG. Hopefully this will change soon.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts