V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an opinion on which Deuce backrest pad (short or tall) would be the best for a 5'6'' rider 130 lbs?

·
963 Posts
Hey Echo
I can tell you this, they will want the taller backrest. The short one does not give any support, just keeps them from sliding back. My wife is 5'3 and 125lbs, and she does not like the short backrest I have. I will be replacing it soon with the tall version. The short one looks better, that is why I bought it. I will wind up with a touring seat and tall back rest and rack for when we take trips, and the gunfighter type seat and short backrest for everyday. later-Rob

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ol Rob said:
Hey Echo
I can tell you this, they will want the taller backrest. The short one does not give any support, just keeps them from sliding back. My wife is 5'3 and 125lbs, and she does not like the short backrest I have. I will be replacing it soon with the tall version. The short one looks better, that is why I bought it. I will wind up with a touring seat and tall back rest and rack for when we take trips, and the gunfighter type seat and short backrest for everyday. later-Rob
Thanks Ol Rob!

I think you just answered my question for me...I'm thinking of the taller one with an other-than-stock seat...perhaps a Mustang for her and I, but a Solo just for me...

:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the short sissy-bar on mine cuz they didn't make the tall one when I got it. I think you should have one of each! I have three seats, all HD, the stock, bad lander, and the touring seat. Only have the stock pad, but as you know you can get a matching pad for each seat. I plan on getting the tall sissy-bar for longer trips, but so far my wife doesn't know one exists...just as long as she doesn't slide off the bike, I'm OK!
One thing I don't like, is the looks of the BIG touring pad on the deuce. If my wife insists on that, then she can buy a bagger for me!

By the way, maybe cuz I'm 6' 4", but I find the badlander and stock seat very comfortable and the touring seat a pain in the A#@. Of course the wife likes the touring seat...go figure!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the tall bar and the big backrest and I can tell you that it is too big and tall. I would get the shorter one with the big backrest. Good compromise.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey...thanks for the input you guys...I actually took my wife to the dealer (duh!), and had her sit on various seats/backrests...now we have even more choices!

While we were there, we met a guy from the Stockton HOG Chapter who gave me some great insight on seats (he has a Deuce as well)...so I think I'm ahead of the game, so to speak!

Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
246 Posts
echodriver said:

While we were there, we met a guy from the Stockton HOG Chapter who gave me some great insight on seats (he has a Deuce as well)...so I think I'm ahead of the game, so to speak!
Please share this insight. I am always interested to hear from another Deuce rider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts