V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on Saturday, I'm expecting a guy to come and buy my 05 Heritage Softail Classic. If that goes through, I will be getting an 04 Electra Glide Standard. Now, you ask why? I want a more of a touring setup. The bike already has a 95" kit with a V&H Pro Pie, which I happen to like the sound of. It has all the goodies, tour pak, quick detachable backrest/luggage rack, two extra seats, four different sized windshields and a radio installed. The rubber is still good on it. The build has only 3000 miles on it. I believe it's a great deal for what I'm paying for it, 13k.

I just hope it works out and I'll have that bike this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
nixdad said:
Well on Saturday, I'm expecting a guy to come and buy my 05 Heritage Softail Classic. If that goes through, I will be getting an 04 Electra Glide Standard. Now, you ask why? I want a more of a touring setup. The bike already has a 95" kit with a V&H Pro Pie, which I happen to like the sound of. It has all the goodies, tour pak, quick detachable backrest/luggage rack, two extra seats, four different sized windshields and a radio installed. The rubber is still good on it. The build has only 3000 miles on it. I believe it's a great deal for what I'm paying for it, 13k.

I just hope it works out and I'll have that bike this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

You will love it, especially with all of the awesome tour riding out there where you are. 04s are a great year. You hear of very little trouble with them and mine has run flawlessly for the past 4 years.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I'm sure you will enjoy the new scoot, and good luck to you on the transaction.

The strange thing about me is I consider myself a touring motorcyclist, but I'm not into the touring bikes.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
I have a feeling you will miss the softail. I've ridden a few touring bikes and they just don't do it for me. A man needs more than one bike...jus sayin. Good luck.

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
miles to go said:
I have a feeling you will miss the softail. I've ridden a few touring bikes and they just don't do it for me. A man needs more than one bike...jus sayin. Good luck.
I think in 2009 or 2010, I'll be ready for a new bike. That's going to be a tough decsion though. The two bikes I'll be looking at will be the Ultra Classic and the BMW GS1200. I hope I don't miss the softail like you're saying.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
nixdad said:
I think in 2009 or 2010, I'll be ready for a new bike. That's going to be a tough decsion though. The two bikes I'll be looking at will be the Ultra Classic and the BMW GS1200. I hope I don't miss the softail like you're saying.
Everyone has their own likes/dislikes when it comes to bikes. I have owned many MANY bikes over my 35 yrs of riding. Even have an 07 BMW 1200GS now that is a joy to ride. However, my 03 Heritage is the only bike that i've owned that i can honestly say i will never sale.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I really like the fairing, stay nice and dry, and warm. If you ride alot, you need weather protection. Also both my bikes have tour paks. Again if you use it daily, you it sure comes in handy. I never take mine off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts