V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley-Davidson fell another .89 cents on the close of friday to $47.10 a share.

52 week high $ 57.25
52 week low $ 42.60

Hope we can get this economy rolling again soon and keep it there.

·
Registered
982 Posts
So? Buy some more while it is down.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Keep on buying, soon enough you will be HD majority stock holder and can give us forum members a hefty discount ;) and maybe free HD stuff.

Sirius

·
Registered
172 Posts
Traders Market: Always sell when it drops 8% or when up 10 to 20%, wait for it to form a new base and a new buy point. Buy at highest price and it should go higher. Again Traders Market-up and down, up and down,up and down.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another bad day on the stock market. today's close $ 43.00

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...that's up from the day low of $41.15......buy for long term

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well.... that's encouraging that H-D rebounded. Other wise, I'd have to shoot myself... lol

H-D is one, that i'm In for the long ride

·
Registered
659 Posts
they announced quarterly earnings increase +24% (or something around there) v.s. same period last year, and the share price fell >>>>> rationale was that the market didn't think they can continue their growth curve. This is the same market that performed so brilliantly with tech stocks and all the other disasters over the past year.
Harley may not go up any whopping amount in the foreseeable future, and I wouldn't be buying anything right now personally (maybe some select income trusts), but the reality is that they are starting to make a lot of money on lines other than their bikes + they've got some pretty strong r&d happening.
Bottom line - listen to your brain - not the idiots on wall street - they have absolutely no clue.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your right about the analysts. I'm better off asking my Magic 8 Ball. I read the latest report also and things sound good. I also felt the the market has no faith in H-D.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well ........... blew right past 52 week low. As of the close of today $41.24. Apperently there is no consumer confidence in the economy.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The market is fickle now because of the loomimg war with Iraq, if your gonna buy hold on a little, cause when the bombing begins stocks will all tank briefly and then they will begin to rebound nicely, Unfortunately we have to eliminate the threat against our country and economy against future terrorist attacks, and we will turn the tide as surely as HD will built 04 models. Hang in there HD stock will rebound and split as it always has.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
conetail said:
Traders Market: Always sell when it drops 8% or when up 10 to 20%, wait for it to form a new base and a new buy point. Buy at highest price and it should go higher. Again Traders Market-up and down, up and down,up and down.
I agree to set an amount you are willing to lose and sell and take the loss, that's smart. But SELL when it's up 10 to 20%??? HA HA HA that is some funny ass shitt. Glad I never listen to any experts on the market. I would have never be able to buy a new HD.:D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
gbenner said:
I bought at $6.00 (stock, not the bike).
OMFG, that's called a "Deal"!!! :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
The stock holders need to get together and force the stealers to start selling at MSRP. That way HD will start moving more new product again.
HD doesn't make a penny more on a bike that a stealer sells for $5k over.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hope I hit the lottery this weekend so can buy a hundred mill of stock this week

·
Registered
73 Posts
No one wins except the stealers. They will let bikes sit in the stock room for 3 months and not budge off of there 3-5k over MSRP. They know that eventually some RUB will come in and pay anything to get there HD now.
In the mean time the MSRP dealer in the next county has no product to sell.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
BobG said:
The stock holders need to get together and force the stealers to start selling at MSRP. That way HD will start moving more new product again.
HD doesn't make a penny more on a bike that a stealer sells for $5k over.

.....never happen. Although I don't agree with what some of the stealers are doing, Share Holders aren't going to do anything that will hurt demand and the outlets that feed it. Bikes over MSRP sell, bottom line and you're not gonna get a successful boycott, too many folks want to buy the image. What I've said may piss off a few folks, but if you don't let the emotions get in the way you'll find fact, speaks the truth............

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't fully agree with you. HD and it's stock holders would make more money if more product was sold. They make there money selling the bikes to dealers. If dealers are sitting on bikes in there warehouses HD can't sell more product to them.

I read that HD was thinking of lowering production estimates this year because sales were down. If HD was smart they would build the amount of bikes they originally planned on, at least ST and FLH's, sell them and Ship them to the MSRP dealers who can't keep them in stock.

Remember HD makes there money selling to dealers not on what the stealer sells the bike to the public for. If a stealer can't except more bikes because they are already sitting on to many because they won't adjust there prices the stock holders lose.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts