V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 V-Rod from my local dealer-
My first Harly and it blows away my CBR in every way!

the bike was exstensively chromed out (and I over paid for it)- my question is, is it normal to get the take-off parts replaced by the chrome parts. A friend of mine bought a Fat Boy the week before and recieved five boxes of take-off parts (including front and rear wheels - which were chromed on his bike).

I paid full price for the chrome and installation- about $6500 and think I should get the parts that were taken off. I have not got a no from the dealer but seem to be getting the run around.

thanks

RichM

2003 V-Rod

·
Registered
603 Posts
RichM, Congratulations on your new ride. Everything that you paid for is yours and to suggest anything less is illegal. Go down there, tell them you want your original parts now, not later, and if they hesitate, call the police.

JMS

·
Registered
149 Posts
You should most definately get your parts back. After SE-16 installation my dealer kept my stock exhaust on a shelf for a couple of weeks until I picked them up ( had forgotten about about it!). Hopefully yours are stored away somewhere.

Pete

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Welcome Rich,
Get it all back Bro .I have a great collection started!My dealer like others said had all the stuff in the back on a shelf.They don't throw anything away!Enjoy and Ride Safe!
Kaz..............

·
Banned
490 Posts
A great idea for take-off parts...

I'd guess if you asked enough V-Rod owners you'd be able to build an entire new bike out of all the "take-off" parts people had stacked in their garages, although finding an engine might be a little difficult.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Rich,
There is no reason for the dealer to keep this stuff, you PAID for it, the parts aren't broken, they are yours!

Unless they plan on putting them on another bike as *new* and charging full price. :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, did not seem right to me that the dealer gets to keep the parts-

I will be heading back to the dealer today.

RichM

2003 V-Rod

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
RichM, once you get those parts back, store them well. If/when you go to sell the bike, the new buyer will also want all the original parts too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called parts yesterday, by-passing the sales guy who told me the take-offs were sort of a trade in (and on vacation this week) I told them I would be in the area at 5:00, and would be able to pickup my take-off parts then- did not bother to mention my runaround with the sales people.

Parts said they would get them ready and I picked them up!

thanks for the insight- asking was not the approach telling was.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You always have to ask for your Stock parts when a dealership replaces them. The local ones around here have a sale once a year that unclaimed parts go in. Which I think is BS. Just dont forget to tell em you want your sh*t.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
RichM said:
I called parts yesterday, by-passing the sales guy who told me the take-offs were sort of a trade in (and on vacation this week) I told them I would be in the area at 5:00, and would be able to pickup my take-off parts then- did not bother to mention my runaround with the sales people.

Parts said they would get them ready and I picked them up!

thanks for the insight- asking was not the approach telling was.
HEY DAVID PRICE YOU CATCHIN' THIS???????!!!! -If that's not consumer protection then you tell me what is?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts