V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at cleaning up the rear of my Night Train. Looking at the Kuryakin website is a little confusing. What I want is the LED tail light with the built in turn signals. They have the Panecea Lay Down Light with smoked lens that would be ideal but the description is vague. Has anyone installed the Panecea tail light and does the tail light in fact allow you to eliminate the bullet tail lights.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
csoday said:
does the tail light in fact allow you to eliminate the bullet tail lights.
I would like to know this too...

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
It does if you choose too. I would like to add though that it isn't the best system for visibility though. Most people add the turn signal inserts with the system rather going with no rear turn signals.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I don't even recommend my taillight with the integrated signals as your only source for turn signal lighting if you are concerned about visibility... unless you don't care and just want some signal lighting to say you have it... the light output of the light you are looking at is pathetic.

what about a set of these?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...V0?store=&leafCatId=22007&brand=884&catId=220

I've tried them out and they work quite well.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not concerned about the turn signal effectivness, I never use them. Just want to stay legal.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
csoday said:
Not concerned about the turn signal effectivness, I never use them. Just want to stay legal.
hmmm... definitely not "to the letter of the law", but they would be signals.

the rest of that light is lacking too, but you may like it.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
csoday said:
I'm looking at cleaning up the rear of my Night Train. Looking at the Kuryakin website is a little confusing. What I want is the LED tail light with the built in turn signals. They have the Panecea Lay Down Light with smoked lens that would be ideal but the description is vague. Has anyone installed the Panecea tail light and does the tail light in fact allow you to eliminate the bullet tail lights.

No way Chuck. You must stay all SE!

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
csoday said:
I have a Panacea blue dot with the built in signals. My signals are removed from the struts on my Fatboy. I hated how they were in the way and ugly up the lines. It works perfect.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fatb0y said:
I have a Panacea blue dot with the built in signals. My signals are removed from the struts on my Fatboy. I hated how they were in the way and ugly up the lines. It works perfect.
Did you have to use a load equlizer or is that a part of the Panacea system.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found this from Pro-1 for the front under the triple tree and uses the headlight bolt to mount.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
csoday said:
Did you have to use a load equlizer or is that a part of the Panacea system.
Yes and there are two variants of the load balancer. I have security so I had to get the load balancer for bikes with factory security installed. Just specify that when ordering. It is a 16.00 part I think.

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
I have HeavyCycles Taillights with integrated turn signals both on my Deuce and my Street Bob and I have to say they beat anything else on the market hands down. The Panacea is nowhere near as bright.

Do yourself the favor of checking out Joe´s website before making up your mind or give him a call. He´s a great guy to deal with and his stuff is top notch.

(No, not affiliated, no kickbacks, just a happy customer)

C Ya
Sponk

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
CSODAY.....
Looked in your photo gallery and did not see a pic with these front mounted turn signals.

Got a pic?
What headlight bolt did you use?
Maybe diff from mine, I have an '03 Fatboy with nacelle

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've got the Drag Specialties under-the-fender taillight and no signals. I figure if I hand signal, that's good enough, right?

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Its been my experience that cagers don't notice the little bullet turn signals anyways.

DrHeathenScum, do you have a smoked version of your Stage-2 tail light? Laydown version as well? Thanks...

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the info but found this at Joker Machine

Even gets rid of the butt ugly license plate holder.
Hanibal, I just ordered them, should be there next week when I get home.
Also installing the SE 6 Speed and more goodies for the truck.

?prty: :banana: ~!Awesome! :Banadance ?prty:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts