V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought another cut-off wheel for my 4" grinder and started playing with the rear of the bike. Just trying to clean things up a bit. Still haven't come up with a license plate mount yet. I'm thinking of putting it under the left saddle bag since both of my pipes come out the right side....

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
These guys have what you might be looking for. Some other cool stuff too.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Michael, a definite improvement there. Are those stock turn signals with chrome bezels or did you change out the entire fixture?

Why didn't both you guys go with the laydown tail light. I think it cleans up the line of the rear fender. My link shows what I did FWIW.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8-Ball said:
Michael, a definite improvement there. Are those stock turn signals with chrome bezels or did you change out the entire fixture?

Why didn't both you guys go with the laydown tail light. I think it cleans up the line of the rear fender. My link shows what I did FWIW.

Those are stock units with Kuryakyn bezels and smoke lenses. I'm looking for a smoke lay down tail light unit now. Not totally happy with the one that is on there, the fit isn't perfect.

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
8-Ball said:
Why didn't both you guys go with the lay down tail light. I think it cleans up the line of the rear fender.
The lens I went with is actually from the FLHX. I got that one because it is a solid red lens all the way around (no clear window for license plate illumination)...

I'm waiting for someone to come out with a chrome collar for this application (with no square cut-out)...

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Lookin' good Ernster...except for the dimple at the bottom of the rear fender! Get to work, Man! Cover that up!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
ernster, what did you do to plug up the old liscense plate mounting bar. i just put on the softbrake relocator and want to cut that bar off too. not sur what to do after i hack it off. also what is that where the stock seat bolts to
/ it looks much cleaner than what i have going on. i have a mustang solo and all three seat bolts are exposed and look kinda crappy.

·
963 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
Lookin' good Ernster...except for the dimple at the bottom of the rear fender! Get to work, Man! Cover that up!
DrHeathenScum said:
this would cover it up nicely ;)
Hehe, yes that is an option...

That is actually where the RK Custom emblem goes. Of course, the dealer who put the bike back together "forgot" to order it and I've been waiting for it ever since.

JohnyRRR said:
ernster, what did you do to plug up the old liscense plate mounting bar. i just put on the softbrake relocator and want to cut that bar off too. not sur what to do after i hack it off. also what is that where the stock seat bolts to
/ it looks much cleaner than what i have going on. i have a mustang solo and all three seat bolts are exposed and look kinda crappy.
Hey JohnyRRR,

You have a couple options over simply just cutting the bar off. One is using the Plate Bar Eliminator Kit from www.bruisersinc.com . This is what I went with. It's a pretty nice kit with a variety of different end caps to choose from. It ends up looking pretty clean when it's all said and done.

The other thing you can do is go with the Shot Gun (aka Tail Gunner) Lights from Autogems. They are designed to do what the bruisers kit does, but gives you the extra lights on the rear of the bike if you like that look. I was going to go with that look and actually bought the Shot Gun Lights, but, decided to go with the bruisers kit instead.

Here is a link to a photo of what the set-up looks like on an RK if you want an idea:

Shot Gun Lights on Mocc's Bike...

Hope that helps...

E

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
You have a couple options over simply just cutting the bar off. One is using the Plate Bar Eliminator Kit from www.bruisersinc.com . This is what I went with. It's a pretty nice kit with a variety of different end caps to choose from. It ends up looking pretty clean when it's all said and done.
I just hacksawed that sucker off and JB welded on a pair of Kuryakyn head bolt covers. Worked great.

I think ernster's Bruiser stuff would be easier. I couldn't find anything like that when I was hunting around... and actually, the points worked better for my theme.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Will the Shotgun lights work on a Road Glide?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
8-Ball said:
I just hacksawed that sucker off and JB welded on a pair of Kuryakyn head bolt covers. Worked great.

That sounds like me...it's about the only way to be original these days.

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
99greenking said:
Im doing a mock up now,getting ready for paint..here is the cycle Vision eliminator.
I have that Cycle Vision setup on my road king custom, along with two CV Baglites in each saddle bag. (I switched to hard bags) I love the look and have had many compliments on the look and on the BRIGHT lights.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Dammit!!! Just when I think I've pimped out and totally stripped down the Ultra for the boulevard you guys keep posting more "gotta haves"! Arrrgggh!!!

I love the grab bar eliminator. Looks like a fairly cheap mod. The Cycle Visions tailight eliminator is a little expensive but looks sweet. The mods on ya'lls bikes look sweet.

Anyway, check this: The wife and I went out to lunch last weekend on a nice Sunday afternoon. We park the bikes and I "arm" mine. So she says, "when did you get the alarm?" Then she sees that I've removed the passenger footboards and installed chrome mounts and pegs. So she says again, "when did you add that?" I tell her over Christmas when she was busy and couldn't ride. She already knows I have a set of chrome wheels, floating rotors and new tires sitting in the garage that I haven't put on yet. Anyway, so she shakes her head and looks at me hopelessly and says "it just never stops does it?". I felt like a shamed dog.

You guys aren't helping by posting all this cool stuff. Not that it's anyones fault but mine. I really ought to look into a 12 step program.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Timbo you are already in a 12 step program. Just tell you wife you have been diagnosed with AVS (altered vehicle syndrome) and the only cure is to spend money customizing vehicles.

I get the same thing from my GF (except it is worse because I haven't even picked up the FLHX yet and I am stockpiling parts already.

As long as it is comfortable and isn't gona burn/cut/kill her she doesn't care what I do to my bike. (Oh yeah still need to be able to pay my share of the bills).

Besides-she has seen how miserable I have been since winter hit and I sold my FXSTB so she can't wait til I get the new bike and can snap out of my "caged fever" :clap:

·
963 Posts
timbo said:
Anyway, check this: The wife and I went out to lunch last weekend on a nice Sunday afternoon. We park the bikes and I "arm" mine. So she says, "when did you get the alarm?" Then she sees that I've removed the passenger footboards and installed chrome mounts and pegs. So she says again, "when did you add that?"...

...Anyway, so she shakes her head and looks at me hopelessly and says "it just never stops does it?". I felt like a shamed dog.
Do what I used to do when I was married... Used to tell her, "these parts came from "so-and-so." He switched to something else and didn't want these anymore." Or, try "I got these on eBay for really cheap!"...

hehe

On second thought, I got divorced, so maybe you shouldn't take my advice...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts