V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put a tach on a RK custom just behind the chrome wind deflector where the handle bars mount? I'm thought about replacing the std speedo with a speedo/tach but was thinking of something like the Dakota Digital tach.

·
FNG
320 Posts
hej said:
Anyone put a tach on a RK custom just behind the chrome wind deflector where the handle bars mount? I'm thought about replacing the std speedo with a speedo/tach but was thinking of something like the Dakota Digital tach.
I wanted to add a tach when I bought my FLHRS, but they couldnt because of the small wind deflector. The service guy did say one would go on if they removed the deflector, but at that time I wasnt sure I wanted to remove anything.

now... 2k miles later... this winter the deflector is coming off and a nice tach will be installed.

btw. I replaced my spedo w/ one of the brushed silver faced ones and its a HUGE eye catcher on the bike. I cant wait to get a matching tach. I was thinking of going with the tach / speedo combo, but didnt like the idea of having to look down to see your RPM's. to me the bars is a much better location.

good luck. I can post some pics of the new speedo if you like.

d.

·
doof member
719 Posts
D,

I was thinking of doing the same thing. So, removing the nacelle doesn't take away too much of the RK custom appearance?

Budking

·
FNG
320 Posts
BUDKING said:
D,

I was thinking of doing the same thing. So, removing the nacelle doesn't take away too much of the RK custom appearance?

Budking
I've thought about it and thought about it, and i dont think it will. That dang deflector just shoots air right into my face as it is. and when I decide to ride with my windshield its really a PITA.

I say we flip a coin and see whos bike will be the guinea pig hahahah

dan

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I know when I hit the rev limiter, it's time to shift. But, I think if I added a tach I'd replace the speedo with the speedo/tach combo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts