V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kawasaki 1700 Nomad
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Kawasaki 1700 Nomad and am getting ready to install a Barons tach. I'm not sure if it has a single fire ign. or dual. Do I need to install a tach adapter?

·
Registered
945 Posts
You do realize this is a forum primarily for Harleys? There might be some here who have knowledge, but you're probably better off looking in a Kawa forum.

·
Registered
9,162 Posts
If you use a factory kaw tach,, there may be a prewired connector already in place,,, plug and play,, an electrical schematic is your friend... if not,
A tach only need 3 things to function,,, a good ground, a 12 volt switched power source,, and a trigger wire from the coils or ignition harness..

Chiwaneese tachs and other electrical equipment has different colored wiring that does not follow american color codes.. if you mess up,, tou could smoke the tach.

I would wait on the adapter,, I've installed several, that said there adapter was necessary,, but without it,, the tachs worked perfectly,,, i believe it is built into the circuitry of the tach

·
Registered
2009 Kawasaki 1700 Nomad
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you use a factory kaw tach,, there may be a prewired connector already in place,,, plug and play,, an electrical schematic is your friend... if not,
A tach only need 3 things to function,,, a good ground, a 12 volt switched power source,, and a trigger wire from the coils or ignition harness..

Chiwaneese tachs and other electrical equipment has different colored wiring that does not follow american color codes.. if you mess up,, tou could smoke the tach.

I would wait on the adapter,, I've installed several, that said there adapter was necessary,, but without it,, the tachs worked perfectly,,, i believe it is built into the circuitry of the tach
[/QUOTE

Thanks, for your response. That is helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts