V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally happened.

Saturday was a beatiful day for a ride, it was 80 degrees and sunny, a perfect day to ride!

It was about 1:30pm and I was travelling through a local town, I was doing about 35mph in the travelling lane. I had just passed through the intersection when it happened, an old lady stopped on the opposite side of the road waiting to cross traffic into a gas station.

She waited until the car in front of me passed and then she went for it!

I had no time at all, I t-boned her on the passenger side door -which actually absorbed much of the impact!

Incredibly I didn't go flying over the handle bars, because of the forward controls my feet actually slammed into the footpegs and kept me on the bike and upright!

Luckily there were plenty of witnesses who stuck around until the cops showed up, she ended up getting a citation and was able to drive away. :mad:

The bike wasn't in bad shape but I couldn't drive it home, so I called a flatbed and they took me and the bike home.

Damage to the bike was luckily localised to the front end, the forks are trashed and the handlebars are bent, other than that the bike is fine.

I was very very lucky, it could have been a lot worse! :(

Happy to be here talking to all of you! :)

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Glad to hear you made it out OK and with minimal damage to the bike. Saturday must have been a day for the idiots! I barely made it pass a SUV that pull out in front of me. And to think, I thought THREE lights on the front of the Ultra would eliminate that!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey, JoeJitsu
Bikes are easily fixed. (Cost is a different story, :p)
Real proud to hear you're doin' OK!
Damn human body parts are ALWAYS on back-order, :D !
bear

·
Registered
338 Posts
People kill me.

And they might actually kill me someday.

I still don't have a bike, but I'm always extra careful around bikes... always.

Bill

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Glad your okay, bike can be fixed! I too ran into a lot of fu(kheads Saturday! I was screaming, "Could I get anymore chrome on this to make me more fu(king visible?" It was so shiny, how the fu(k could anybody miss it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Joe glad to hear you are o.k.
Bikes are a dime a dozen (or in our case a quater) but your health and safety is the main priority.
Down here if you think someone will pull out in front of you, they will and do. :(

·
Registered
629 Posts
Glad to hear the damage was minimal to the bike, and non (as far we know) to you.

Hope you get back on the road soon.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Damn Joe...At least your still around to talk about it. Glad you are OK.

With all the recent stories about motorcycle accidents due to others negligience, I have taken a vow to start wearing my helmet. Been wearing it now for a few weeks. Never thought I would hear myself saying that.

After just a few years of riding under my belt, I think I owe it to myself.

Just my .02

·
Registered
20 Posts
hogg831 said:
Glad to hear you made it out OK and with minimal damage to the bike. Saturday must have been a day for the idiots! I barely made it pass a SUV that pull out in front of me. And to think, I thought THREE lights on the front of the Ultra would eliminate that!
Hogg831,
Amen to that. The Air Force thinks they invented stealth vehicles, but motorcycles have always been invisible. I'll bet the Nissan lady's first words were "I never saw him!"

·
Registered
146 Posts
Glad you're OK Joe, the bike can be fixed at least. Saturday a kid cut my wife off and tried to run me off the road, some people just don't deserve to live :(

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Glad to hear that you are fine as well! Had to dodge some kids on Saturday morning on the way to Virginia. Was watching them the whole time and knew they were going to try and pull out in front of me

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow Joe I have to say what everyone else has, glad to hear you're ok. You will more than likely find you are a little sore. Hope you get your bike fixed, still bad situation. Got to watch those little Q-Tipped head ladies, the "I never saw them" is something they always seem to say.

Dave

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I thought for a moment there that you actually T-Boned an old lady In the Rear of a Nissan!!! :eek:

Sorry, Had to do it! :D
Glad you're still here in one piece, and able to laugh at it, eventually :(

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Funny, you guys were right on the money!

Her first words were (after I finished cussing her out!) "Where did *you* come from?"

Gees, I guess I'll have to get some LOUDER pipes! :)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
JoeJitsu said:
Funny, you guys were right on the money!

Her first words were (after I finished cussing her out!) "Where did *you* come from?"

Gees, I guess I'll have to get some LOUDER pipes! :)

Like everyone else, I am glad you were able to walk away from "the crash ". Hopefully you will be back in the wind soon.

Sometimes I gotta wonder if cagers will ever give motorcycles the respect they deserve, regardless of how much chrome we add, or how loud we make our machines.
Just my .02

·
Registered
306 Posts
They should make you ride a bike from when you are 16-18 if want to drive, and then after 18 you can get a regular "car" license. This would give everyone a new respect for us and save a ton of natural resorces.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Say it ain't so Joe! Give you credit for not getting up and beating the crap out of the old dear. Glad you're ok.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts