V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I saw the advert for the new T-Bags Navigator map case and thought that would be a nice little addition to back up the GPS I always swear at.

I have a T-Bags Tahoe and have been very happy with it.

So, I check out their website and see the three different sizes. Rather than just order one, I figure that someone there can confirm which one works best. So, I email them that I have a 2004 Road Glide.

I get back the answer to "measure how much flat surface I have on my bike." I'm basically thinking this means no gauge clusters, but wasn't very happy that they didn't say "you need size X."

In my typically understated and friendly fashion :unsure: I say that isn't a very good answer and they should really find a specific answer to a customer's question.

Good thing I pushed the point.

The next email said that the chrome strip running down the tank means none of the Navigators will work on my bike.

Now, I haven't been on a Electra Glide or Road King for sometime, but I'm pretty sure you guys have the same strip on your tanks.

Odd that a company that pushes the Harley image in their ads and buys so much space in Harley mags would make a touring product that won't fit Harley touring bikes and then tell me to spend the money on said product.

In all fairness, they did fess up in the end and so I didn't have to deal with the order/return hassle.

Just thought other H-D touring riders ought to know that this good looking new product isn't for us.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the info. I looked at that product and thought there may be a problem. I have a 05RG and finally found a tank bag that worked, but the map case on top is too small. Sure would like to find a map case that works on a touring bike.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
You might also try...

Nelson-Rigg. They make some compact, magnetic, tankbags with map pockets. I've used mine on my RG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts