V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 FXDWG, all stock mechanically. I have heard many do's and dont's when asking if I should convert my trans fluid to synthetic. Does anyone know of a good reason not to do so? Thanks..

·
Twist it, pop it, burn it
161 Posts
Have made the switch to B &M's Trickshift in my 95 WideGlide.
Very happy with the results. Smoother shifting, never new nuetral could be so easy to find.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
kevlap1 said:
I have a 2004 FXDWG, all stock mechanically. I have heard many do's and dont's when asking if I should convert my trans fluid to synthetic. Does anyone know of a good reason not to do so? Thanks..
I can't think of a single reason why not. I use Mobil 1.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My last bike was an 04 FXDWG-I. It was on Redline HD Shockproof from the 1K mark on.

hdsp has been used by many Harley owners for many years with great results. Its thickness slows the gears when they aren't engaged making the syncro shifts much smoother and less clunky. Together with a good clutch adjustment , it makes the tranny like "butta".:thumbsup:

EZ

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
EZ2rider said:
My last bike was an 04 FXDWG-I. It was on Redline HD Shockproof from the 1K mark on.

hdsp has been used by many Harley owners for many years with great results. Its thickness slows the gears when they aren't engaged making the syncro shifts much smoother and less clunky. Together with a good clutch adjustment , it makes the tranny like "butta".:thumbsup:

EZ
I'll second that. Works great.

Coop

·
Registered
287 Posts
coopville said:
I'll second that. Works great.

Coop
A drag racer wrench said they all use it at the local strip. Put it in my bike and love it. I don't use clutch 1/3 of time when group riding. And that's up or down shifting. BUT you need to know how to do this.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Amsoil 75-140 in my Baker DD6. NICE!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts