V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that Mobil Synthetic oil Delvac 1, intentionaly made for diesel engine, is a good option for V-Twins. Its API is CF, CE, CD, and SAE 5W-40. I would like to know more about it...

·
Registered
206 Posts
...If you like the Mobil 1 synthetic Oils, why not use their V-Twin product? I wouldn't use anything with a viscosity of less than the manufacture recommended 20w-50. Using other weights WILL void your warranty...

·
Registered
629 Posts
I use Mobil 1 15w-50.

It is believed that the 20w-50 V-twin oil is only to help sell it to the HD people. Explains the extra price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is: I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and mobil don´t sell 15w-50 V-twin here. They sell Mobil 1 15w-50 automotive, but the price is prohibitive, so I am trying to find reasonable alternatives for dinos. Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
Harley says you can use Diesel oil in a pinch, so I dont see any problem there. But with 5W-40 it would be so thing hot you wouldn't have any oil pressure at all. I wont even run 20-50 anymore when it get hot.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would run Castrol 20w-50 if you don't want to pay for the HD or synthetic stuff. Read the owners manual and see what it requires for oil. I am sure it is 20w-50, but I am not sure of the grade.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like use automotive synthetic..., I belive is bether then dinos...
I don´t know what...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts