V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a user of only HD oil up till this point, I guess I should ask....is the Mobil 1 15-50 sold as automotive oil or is it cycle oil? I like the possibility of finding oil that is more readily available, but I don't want to make a stupid mistake.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
RobZombie said:
As a user of only HD oil up till this point, I guess I should ask....is the Mobil 1 15-50 sold as automotive oil or is it cycle oil? I like the possibility of finding oil that is more readily available, but I don't want to make a stupid mistake.
Robzombie, the mobil 1 15-50 is automotive oil available everywhere. The 20-50 mobil 1 V-Twin is motorcyle specific ($$$). I use the mobil 1 15-50. Either mobil 1 is superior to HD oil.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sound advice, 5th Gear!

Hey Rob Zombie... I liked you better in White Zombie. Your new stuff sounds formulaic, and way too disco, bro.

<grin>

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I guess thats what happens when you spend more time ridin' and less time writin'. Priorities, man.....

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Re: Syn Oil.

RobZombie,

It would not be a mistake on your part to use the Mobil 20-50 V Twin Syn. Oil ,I just think that it is a little higher in price because it specifies that it is motorcycle specific is the term that I believe that they use.

Mobil 15-50 Syn is just as good, I do not see where could have any problem with either one. You make the choice.

Ride Safe.

·
<{{{><
170 Posts
I use the V Twin. The TC88 only takes 3 quarts so the differance is only about $5.00 from the auto Mobil I. For what I paid for the bike and have spent on accessories it seems like a bargin.
My $0.02 worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts